Logon user interface dll xtgina dll failed to load

G

Two days ago I ran a complete scan of my computer using AVG 2012 free edition. Upon completion of the scan I followed the computer restart instruction, and after restarting a message saying "The Logon User Interface DLL xtgina.dll failed to load" appeared. I can get into safe mode, but from that point I'm not sure how to tackle this. Could someone please help me solve this problem and possibly guide me through steps necessary to remove any malicious files that remain on my pc?

Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

G

To be clear, I can no longer log in to my pc. The message mentioned above gives me the option to restart, but doing so just loops back to the same screen with the logon error message. Also, when I purchased my pc, it did not come with an operating system cd. Dell did not provide it, therefore I cannot use the system disk to replace the corrupted/missing files. Please help!

Johnnywelsh

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Actually reading the instructions it seems to infect more than just the windows gina, you're best bet is probably a Windows XP restore for system files not a complete restore.