Aero Cool Case
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
AMD 3200+ Processor
2GB DDR Kingston Ram
250GB HD
ATI X1900XTX Graphic Card
OCZ 550w P.S.U
DvD-Rom Drive

I am looking at it from someone to buy for $200. Im not sure if it is a good gaming computer or not so I am asking all of you.

Thanks

Well it's okay, but I don't know if it's worth $200. The GPU was one of the best in its day (circa 1/2006). I'd would be concerned about the OCZ PSU, if it's the original though. It might be fine, but just a concern, since the x1900 xtx is a power beast! The other thing is the CPU is a SINGLE core, which is usually fine, but for todays more demanding games it'll be tasked.

What games did they want to play on this system?

trnddwn33

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Gaming? Depends on the game I guess, but in general, not really. Most of that equipment is fairly outdated, mainly the cpu and video card.

Not a terrible price at 200, but don't expect to be playing anything really graphic intensive on it.

kiren

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
It's socket 939, this means the most you can put in it is around a x2 4800+ (dual 2.4GHz) at that level its usable, but those chips fetch quite a premium considering their age.
As it is right now it'll probably play most games at lowish settings, but its a 5yr old level computer, so don't expect miracles.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Why in the world did you just start a new post? This is better graphics than all but the 2nd comp in the other post, but is weaker CPU wise than all but the third in the last post.

The very first one you posted is still better witha 4670, or doing on from scratch.

Kyle_13

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Lol I don't know just in a different section I wasn't getting much info. Well for that second computer he wanted $500 for lol. For people that don't know it was this:
- Gaming PC Specs:
Thermaltake Case
Asus P5Q Motherboard
E6400 Intel Duo Core Processor
4GHz DDR2 667MHz GSkill Ram
Western Digital Caviar 250GB HD
Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 4870 512MB GDDR5
OCZ 550w P.S.U
DvD-Rom Drive
DvD-RW Drive

That is the one he wants $500 for. This other one that is in this post is $200

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
You know it might be worthwhile to read some of the articles on toms about older processors instead of just continuing to post random computers you find on toms in new threads.

This might be an idea if you added a very low-power graphics card/upgrade the PSU asap.

239 emachine e2210
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5648774&CatId=2628

or maybe this
$299 HP Compaq Presario SR5550F Refurbished Desktop PC - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 2.8GHz, 3GB DDR2, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, Vista Home Premium
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5635154&CatId=2628

Sorta reminds me of someone going down to Goodwill or the Salvation Army and picking up a computer and wanting to know which one is a better computer for gaming and at what price to pay for it. Or even having 2 older systems and wanting to sell in on ebay, but don't know what to charge for the system.

It's not bad for $200, but the CPU is pretty weak by todays standards. I mean it doesn't even have a CD Burner. Anyway, if you're playing older games it's ok, but for newer games the CPU is going to be a huge limiting factor. The GPU is still decent enough to play more recent games on med-low settings in DX9 mode provided a decent CPU, so you could just choose to upgrade the CPU, RAM, and Motherboard latter on.