Hi, i am alex, and i am having a little trouble to play the sims2.

When i double clic in the icon game appears an error dialog message
that says they have not find any compatible directx 9.0 video device.
and it close the window

I have a Savage 4 AGP with 32MB of RAM, it is not in the list of
incompatible cards listed in the README file so i guess it must be
compatible, i was reading other files like the list of cards of the
configuration script and my card appears to be there, so i am sure that
the card MUST work.

The dxdiag program that test DirectX says everything is fine and has NO
errors. I have installed the latest driver i found in the official S3
page.

I am using Windows98 but i thougth it maybe a S.O. problem so i upgrade
to windows 2000 and i have the same problem.

Mi machine is a Pentium 1.1Ghz, 120GB HDD, 256MB RAM, AGP 32MB Savage4

Do you have any idea of how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Alex

alex

Yes sure, i have installed DirectX 9.0c, i also have executed the
DXDIAG.EXE that it is suposed to test and detect problems of directx
and all test are 100%OK, no errors detected.

I also play other games as Command and conquer generals o other who
needs good graphic cards withoput trouble

Alex

Do you have Directx 9?

<alex2005.uy@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi, i am alex, and i am having a little trouble to play the sims2.
>
> When i double clic in the icon game appears an error dialog message
> that says they have not find any compatible directx 9.0 video device.
> and it close the window
>
> I have a Savage 4 AGP with 32MB of RAM, it is not in the list of
> incompatible cards listed in the README file so i guess it must be
> compatible, i was reading other files like the list of cards of the
> configuration script and my card appears to be there, so i am sure that
> the card MUST work.
>
> The dxdiag program that test DirectX says everything is fine and has NO
> errors. I have installed the latest driver i found in the official S3
> page.
>
> I am using Windows98 but i thougth it maybe a S.O. problem so i upgrade
> to windows 2000 and i have the same problem.
>
> Mi machine is a Pentium 1.1Ghz, 120GB HDD, 256MB RAM, AGP 32MB Savage4
>
> Do you have any idea of how to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alex

Hey! Where have you been? You have been awful quiet lately!

BD

> Do you have Directx 9?
>
> <alex2005.uy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi, i am alex, and i am having a little trouble to play the sims2.
>>
>> When i double clic in the icon game appears an error dialog message
>> that says they have not find any compatible directx 9.0 video device.
>> and it close the window
>>
>> I have a Savage 4 AGP with 32MB of RAM, it is not in the list of
>> incompatible cards listed in the README file so i guess it must be
>> compatible, i was reading other files like the list of cards of the
>> configuration script and my card appears to be there, so i am sure that
>> the card MUST work.
>>
>> The dxdiag program that test DirectX says everything is fine and has NO
>> errors. I have installed the latest driver i found in the official S3
>> page.
>>
>> I am using Windows98 but i thougth it maybe a S.O. problem so i upgrade
>> to windows 2000 and i have the same problem.
>>
>> Mi machine is a Pentium 1.1Ghz, 120GB HDD, 256MB RAM, AGP 32MB Savage4
>>
>> Do you have any idea of how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Alex

oh I uninstalled the sims, lost interest in it all together.
But I still lurk here :)
I got into a new (to me) game online, with a bunch of young kids there, lol.
It's called Gunbound and it is funny as heck when I tell them I am 45 yrs
old. They don't believe me, lol.
http://www.softnyx.net/

"bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey! Where have you been? You have been awful quiet lately!
>
> BD

>> Do you have Directx 9?
>>
>> <alex2005.uy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hi, i am alex, and i am having a little trouble to play the sims2.
>>>
>>> When i double clic in the icon game appears an error dialog message
>>> that says they have not find any compatible directx 9.0 video device.
>>> and it close the window
>>>
>>> I have a Savage 4 AGP with 32MB of RAM, it is not in the list of
>>> incompatible cards listed in the README file so i guess it must be
>>> compatible, i was reading other files like the list of cards of the
>>> configuration script and my card appears to be there, so i am sure that
>>> the card MUST work.
>>>
>>> The dxdiag program that test DirectX says everything is fine and has NO
>>> errors. I have installed the latest driver i found in the official S3
>>> page.
>>>
>>> I am using Windows98 but i thougth it maybe a S.O. problem so i upgrade
>>> to windows 2000 and i have the same problem.
>>>
>>> Mi machine is a Pentium 1.1Ghz, 120GB HDD, 256MB RAM, AGP 32MB Savage4
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea of how to fix it?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Alex

Okay, maybe the game is not reading your drivers. Have you updated them?
Did you check the sims website for compatible video cards? And check your
video card's site for games it is compatible with too.
I know with another game I have, even tho it says I needed a 3d accelerated
card, which I had, it would not let me play the game.
This was on my old computer. Luckily I got this one working again, so
didn't try updating the drivers for that other card.

"Alex" <alex2005.uy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes sure, i have installed DirectX 9.0c, i also have executed the
> DXDIAG.EXE that it is suposed to test and detect problems of directx
> and all test are 100%OK, no errors detected.
>
> I also play other games as Command and conquer generals o other who
> needs good graphic cards withoput trouble
>
> Alex

alex

I allready say that i doenload the latest driver, anyway i now install
XP and it works fine the game starts and play, anyway it must be a way
to play the game under windows98 with that card, i hate XP and i dont
want to play under XP because is too slow, i have 256MB of ram and with
graphics optionto the minimun tha game performance is terrible bad. i
know under windows98 the game only need 128MB of ram so i will be very
hig on that requeriments,

I realy dont want to buy a new video card, i used to play with my old
i740 8MB to new games like warcraft III with directx 8.1, so i recently
buy this new one 32MB card, i know is compatible with the game because
is is tne list of graphics allowed in the configuration script

Alex

alex2005.uy@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, i am alex, and i am having a little trouble to play the sims2.

[ ... ]
> Mi machine is a Pentium 1.1Ghz, 120GB HDD, 256MB RAM, AGP 32MB Savage4
>
> Do you have any idea of how to fix it?

Unplug your keyboard. Buy a new computer, plug the keyboard into that.

alex

buying a new computer can be the solution in 1st world countries as
yours but here is not a solution

a new computer cost 900 dollars aprox. and my salary is 200 dollars a
month so i cannot buy another PC

Thanks anyway
Alex

Janice

You need a new video card. I don't know if you are the one who posted here
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic15688.html but look 3/4 of the way down for
a solution that "might" work without getting a new card, however, a new card
robably is in order.

"Alex" <alex2005.uy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes sure, i have installed DirectX 9.0c, i also have executed the
> DXDIAG.EXE that it is suposed to test and detect problems of directx
> and all test are 100%OK, no errors detected.
>
> I also play other games as Command and conquer generals o other who
> needs good graphic cards withoput trouble
>
> Alex

Bluegenie2 are you saying you've uninstalled Sims 2? I can't believe
it!! Well, come on back when you get tired of that other game. :)

deene