Some assistance with Windows XP Media Center Edition

Greetings all mighty tech gurus of the internet. I'm here to ask for help as I suppose many others are. My current situation is this, I want to install Windows Xp Media center or professional on a computer but I don't have the boot discs and well the computer has been extremely corrupted.

I tried installing malware bytes and that won't go through, this is an older computer from 05 and other OS's have been installed over it's native one(Media Center Edition). I have the product key for the media center edition and a spare XP professional one. I manged to grab an ISO of media center but during installation it reboots but fails to continue the installation.

So my question is, is there a way around this or would I have to snatch an XP disc off e-bay or something? Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about some assistance windows media center edition
  1. Ok if the computer is failing to boot from the hard drive after the 1st restart required in the installation you either have bad installation media or a bad hard drive. At work I user either MHDD or seatools to test hard drives, but if you don't have access to another computer to download and burn boot disks for a diag program then you won't be able to test your drive. If the drive tests good then I would try burning the disks again because you may have gotten a bad burn or downloaded a bad .iso.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP Media Center Computers