Cpu stops mouse for 30sec. often

G

Hello,
is there a monitor or recorder of what the cpu is doing during those random 30sec periods that happen every other minute?
dave

xaira

Distinguished
you can open taskmanager and see what process is causing this behavior, but usually i see this when disks are going bad, backup ur data reinst windows, if the prob remains, then get a new disk

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Taskmanager is the easiest way to check what your CPU is doing. Just right click the task bar and click "task manager" and you should be able to watch. A few options are you are just totally pegging out your CPU, you are pegging out your RAM, or your HDD is dying/your installation is having trouble. If its not the CPU or RAM, then do as Xaira said and backup/reinstall windows, and if it still doesn't work, a new HDD.

Jeff_18

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I just had a frequest series of complete crashes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/ - Try using that and seeing if it picks up on anything. You could simply have ad/spy/malware and it be killing you.

wootabeger

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
I have found this situation to be a hard drive issue. Not sure if it's a bad hard drive? If you can defrag the hard drive try it? You might be able to run in Safe Mode and defrag it (can't remember if that's possible but try it)? Also try running it in Safe Mode even if you don't defrag it and see if you continue to have your mouse issue? If it stops then it is most likely an issue with your video.