Processor overheating after adding case fan

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012
I recently bought and installed a DEEPCOOL WIND BLADE cooler..

Before i installed the fan the processor temps were 40c-42c on idle n 70c-74c on full load

After installing the new fan the idle temps are the same but the full load temps exceed 80c

I have 3 case fans now... one in front which is the new one and is outtake, the one on the side is intake and one on the rear is outtake as well..

I also changed the sides of the rear and side fan to intake and before they were outtake..

where am i wrong here ?

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

How can the installation increase the temps ? If its installed wrongly than the temps shld remain the same... shouldnt they ?

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

So what do i do ? And 3 fans are a lot ?

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

84c for a processor is normal ?? even after adding a new fan ??

boju

Titan
Ambassador
if its reaching 84c now, something you’ve done has made things worse. Reconfigure the fans, make sure they’re facing the right way and configured like black duck has suggested. Air is obviously not flowing in the same direction as it was before.

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

It would be at the hotter end of normal but nothing to be overly concerned about. Alot depends on ambient temp as well. Set your rear fan to exhaust, front and side to intake and then take the temps again. Temps in the mid 70's are normal for full load with good airflow. Speaking of which, make sure your cables do not look like a birds nest. Bad cable layout will definately reduce airflow and increase temps.

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

yeah i made sure while building the pc that the wires stick together.. not like going everywhere in the case..