Asus DCII GTX 670 Borderlands 2

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
September 22, 2012 10:41:51 AM

Hello Lads,
I recently got my hands on Borderlands 2. I was playing it for a while and suddenly the game freezed! It happens only on Borderlands 2, no other games freeze or anything.
I overclocked my GTX 670: Core clock = +170; Memory clock = +115;
I overclocked it to DCII top version and increased the memory clock a bit too. The temps at full load are about 65-68 celsius. It reaches 99% GPU load and then BAM!
Thanks in advance!

More about : asus dcii gtx 670 borderlands

a c 104 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 22, 2012 3:39:23 PM

if it only happens in boderlands 2 and not in any other games at that OC level then its just a software issue with boderlands 2....seeing that the game is so new I am not surprised at all...give it some time for a driver update and a few game updates and the problem should go away.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 22, 2012 3:58:17 PM

I would try setting your card back to stock and see if you still get the freezing. I have been playing Borderlands 2 alot and have not had any problems on my rig. Even though you have not had any problems with other games does not rule out the overclock as each game uses hardware differently. If it still freezes at default clock you at least can rule that out.
Related resources
a c 115 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 22, 2012 4:07:02 PM

no need to overclock at all for this game a 6950 maxes it out no problem
m
l
September 22, 2012 4:27:47 PM

Best answer selected by R3alityzzzzz.
m
l
September 22, 2012 4:27:52 PM

Thanks all of You! The problem was, that GPU Boost (program for OC) sucks at fan control, so when it freezes, the fans almost stop. I downloaded MSI Afterburner and I set my own fan control. Now when GPU reaches ~65 celsius the fans spin 70%. Everything is fine now!
m
l