Evga p55 sli compatibility and why it's not working

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 12:37:47 AM

I plug everything into the motherboard, flip the switch on the PSU, lights start on the motherboard, click the power button, fans spin up, more lights come on, then it stops, then evrything starts up again, then stops. I am completely new to tom's hardware and to bui;ding computers and i have no idea what's wrong. I checked to make sure all the power cables were plugged in but it didn't work. Right now i'm breadbording it and i was hoping some one could help me before i screw something up.

Thank you in advance.

The specs are:

EVGA p55 sli
BFG Maxcore Gtx 260
Intel core i5 750
OCZ z3g1600 lv4 gk
Western Digital Caviar Green 500gb sata model #:WD5000CSRTL
OCZ StealthXsream 700 watt model#: OCZ700SXS

More about : evga p55 sli compatibility working

a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 12:47:26 AM

Did you check the "Read before posting issues" or something similar thread in Homebuilt section?

From what you've described, I'm guessing you haven't plugged in the 8-pin power plug into the CPU 8-pin socket, near the CPU socket itself.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 12:57:37 AM

i did say everything was plugged in so yes the 8 pin power plug is plugged in. I also read the read before posting issues still having trouble.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 1:41:02 AM

finished breadboarding it and no results
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 10:01:36 AM

I take it the system does not stay on long enough to access the BIOS. Is that correct?

Have you tried resetting CMOS?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 12:45:32 PM

yeah ithink it maybe the processor because i got it off ebay. I was wondering if anyone could find out if my parts are compatible?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 4:20:40 PM

Quote:
yeah ithink it maybe the processor because i got it off ebay. I was wondering if anyone could find out if my parts are compatible?

anyone can help me?
m
l
!