Tsstcorp cddvdw ts-l633c does not recognise discs

Although device manager states the drive is working properly and has the most up-to-date driver, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device twice, it always says that the disc is not recognized, whether I put in a cd or dvd. It will not burn a cd or dvd either; same error message.

Running Windows 7 home premium on an Asus 64 bit laptop.

I also have a Linux boot and the same errors occur.
4 answers Last reply
More about tsstcorp cddvdw l633c recognise discs
  1. Update the firmware.
    Replace the drive.
  2. I also have the exact same issue with the same drive, same OS: Windows 7 Home Premium, Asus 64 bit system. The Asus website states that the driver must be supplied only by the manufacturer for the TSST Corp L633C drive and provides a link for the driver, but that link is broken and DOES NOT work. I am still looking for a driver update solution and hoping it's not a hardware failure and I have to replace the drive itself.
  3. privatebeachguy said:
    I also have the exact same issue with the same drive, same OS: Windows 7 Home Premium, Asus 64 bit system. The Asus website states that the driver must be supplied only by the manufacturer for the TSST Corp L633C drive and provides a link for the driver, but that link is broken and DOES NOT work. I am still looking for a driver update solution and hoping it's not a hardware failure and I have to replace the drive itself.
  4. I have the same drive on my toshiba laptop from what i know of electrical an computer stuff myself its either the drive itself or a driver firmware or whatever type problem . mine still seems to play cds ok but does hardly anything for dvds i even rebooted my laptop to out of box factory settings an drive is still actin up
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Drives Storage