Core i5 2500K overclock resets on bootup?

FSX7340

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I have an Intel Core i5 2500K with an Asus P8Z77-V LX motherboard, and the i5 2500K has been overclocked by Chillblast to 4.4Ghz, but it resets to stock Ghz when I boot into Windows. I was advised by their helpline to use Asus O.C. Profile to reload the overclocking settings, but when I booted into Windows afterwards it once again reset to stock. No matter what, it always resets to default overclocking on bootup. The overclock worked for 3 months up until now, and has been totally stable. This means I am stuck with a 2500K at stock speed, and a £35 CPU cooler which doesnt move from idle -_- any help on sorting this?

FSX7340

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

Nothing changed, one day it just wasn't overclocked. The BIOS hasn't been updated and no hardware changed either. I tried a CNOS battery reset a few days ago to try and solve it but that didn't work either :S

FSX7340

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
. No error messages, and windows is fine to start up, I have to reload the bios setting everytime l press "save and reset"

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

I don't understand why you have to reload BIOS settings if windows loads fine after you "save and restart".

If windows is fine to start up, then "save and restart" should save your BIOS settings, restart, and boot into windows with no further action required on your part.

If the BIOS requires further attention between restarting and booting into windows, there may be an overclock failure and an automated revert back to standard settings. (no overclock)

FSX7340

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
" I have to reload the BIOS setting everytime l press "save and reset" "
I wrote this when tired so no wonder it didn't make sense! :pt1cable:
What I meant was that I load the settings from the BIOS, restart, boot straight into Windows, and the overclock has reset to standard. I'm not sure about a failiure, I thought it was at first, but it was perfectly stable for several months up until recently. I'll try overclocking it from 3.3Ghz to 3.6Ghz, I'll post my results :D