[Solved]Gigabyte p55a-ud5 beeps but no display

hi, my Gigabyte GA-p55a-ud5 mobo won't post after a normal restart. Tried to remove everything except the CPU and HSF, and got a single long beep. Added 1 stick of RAM, got 1 long and two short beeps. When I tried to plug in the video card, i got no beep, no post and no video output. I tried two video cards, a powercolor 5850 and a xfx 7800, both work fine on other computers.

Any idea what is going on with my mobo? is it dead? Thanks for any help

here is the spec:
i5 750
Gigabyte ga-p55a-ud5
Gskill ripjaw 1600 cl9 2gb x 2
Powercolor 5850 (also tried a xfx 7800gtx)
Antec Earthwatts 650w

Edited: well it beeps normally now but still no display :(
9 answers Last reply
More about solved gigabyte p55a beeps display
  1. clear the bios
  2. Tried, no help :(
  3. A continous long beep is : Graphics card not inserted properly according to my Gigabyte P55-UD5 manual.
    I'd have a close look at your pci slot to see if somethings amiss.
  4. Did you use the correct PCIex16 slot, that mobo has 3 of them? Did you connect the two supplementary power connectors on the card to the PSU?
  5. +1 on the power connectors, all must be filled
  6. The video card is connected properly. And now after a few restarts with cpu, ram and video card all connected, i get one normal short beep but still no display. :O

Any ideas? could be bad ram? i am scratching my head now
  7. tinto89 said:
    The video card is connected properly. And now after a few restarts with cpu, ram and video card all connected, i get one normal short beep but still no display. :O

Any ideas? could be bad ram? i am scratching my head now

Do you not have a mobo manual?
    1 short beep indicates a successful boot
    Beep codes are found on the 1st page of the Troubleshooting section in my Gigabyte manual.
  8. the problem turns out to be the monitor. after unplugging the monitor for a few seconds, everything is fine now. thank you for your guys neway :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Graphics Cards Gigabyte