Nightlife skeptic

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2005 3:31:05 AM

So far I haven't seen any compelling reason to buy the second expansion
pack. University added a new life phase, extending the short and fragile
life of my Sims. It also gave them one more chance to Grow Up Well, and
gave clear benefits to the new generations with more want slots and locks.
The influence system wasn't all that bad either, although I don't use it
much now.

Nightlife seems to make things more complicated. Keeping track of various
people's star signs seems like a pointless bother, and there are already
plenty of romantic and social interactions. The cars don't seem to fill
much of a useful purpose. There is simply no "killer feature" that makes
Nightlife a must-have to me. It seems to be just a way to slow down the
computer. Have I missed something obvious here?

good sign." -G

More about : nightlife skeptic

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 3:31:06 AM

It depends on your outlook I suppose. I didn't think much of HotDate myself,
too much work for things that could be better acheive by just inviting the
Sim around to your house. But I like the dating in NL (now that I have
figured out some of the rules). I had completely forgotten about the
horoscopes thing, I shall have to do a little research into compatible and
incompatible types, but that explains where the attraction rules and levels
come from. Plus I like the new romantic interactions, I suppose it depends
on why you play the game. Builder or story teller?

MM

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psw5x13web52ai9@news.online.no...
> So far I haven't seen any compelling reason to buy the second expansion
> pack. University added a new life phase, extending the short and fragile
> life of my Sims. It also gave them one more chance to Grow Up Well, and
> gave clear benefits to the new generations with more want slots and locks.
> The influence system wasn't all that bad either, although I don't use it
> much now.
>
> Nightlife seems to make things more complicated. Keeping track of various
> people's star signs seems like a pointless bother, and there are already
> plenty of romantic and social interactions. The cars don't seem to fill
> much of a useful purpose. There is simply no "killer feature" that makes
> Nightlife a must-have to me. It seems to be just a way to slow down the
> computer. Have I missed something obvious here?
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G
September 16, 2005 2:45:35 PM

Magnus Itland wrote:
> So far I haven't seen any compelling reason to buy the second
> expansion pack. University added a new life phase, extending the
> short and fragile life of my Sims. It also gave them one more chance
> to Grow Up Well, and gave clear benefits to the new generations with
> more want slots and locks. The influence system wasn't all that bad
> either, although I don't use it much now.
>
> Nightlife seems to make things more complicated. Keeping track of
> various people's star signs seems like a pointless bother, and there
> are already plenty of romantic and social interactions. The cars
> don't seem to fill much of a useful purpose. There is simply no
> "killer feature" that makes Nightlife a must-have to me. It seems to
> be just a way to slow down the computer. Have I missed something
> obvious here?

Hmm I was invited to hit the town, so i said yes.(in the simverse ofcourse
IRL I have no life ;o) ) and I went with the taxi????? I mean I have
three
cars in front of my house and no option to pick up my friends myself????
and go into town? I mean, how lame is that?
September 16, 2005 3:47:04 PM

...22.. wrote:

> I mean I have three
> cars in front of my house and no option to pick up my friends myself????
> and go into town? I mean, how lame is that?

It looks like you have not added an owner to each car. Until you do so,
they just stand there, unless you choose an action like "go to community
lot" with the car.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 3:50:08 PM

Magnus Itland wrote:
> So far I haven't seen any compelling reason to buy the second expansion
> pack.

I agree even though I bought Nightlife and have some fun with it.
About 80% of the daily life of the sims has not changed by Nightlife.
September 16, 2005 11:42:51 PM

"Boerge Rahbech Jensen" <asdfaf@asdfa.ax> schreef in bericht
> ..22.. wrote:
>
>> I mean I have three
>> cars in front of my house and no option to pick up my friends myself????
>> and go into town? I mean, how lame is that?
>
> It looks like you have not added an owner to each car. Until you do so,
> they just stand there, unless you choose an action like "go to community
> lot" with the car.

Hmm I distinctly remember driving them for I
did put a burglaralarm in immediately.
So I have to see if I have to do something else
too, I`ll be back . ;o)
!