Sign in with
Your question

How to tether a Wifi connection from Windows Mobile Phone to PC?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 28, 2010 5:54:58 PM

Hello. I have a friend with a G1 running Andriod, and he can tether his Wifi connection to his PC using his phone, basically using the phone as a USB Wifi adapter. I am trying to do the same thing with my HTC Dash running WM 6.5 and I am running into difficulties. I have been searching around for 2 days now and am about to give up.

I recently moved, and I left my USB wifi adapter for my PC behind. Also the phone has no cell data plan, so I can only use Wifi on it, thus I can't just tether a 2G or 3G network.

So the is connected to my PC running Windows 7 just fine. In the Network Connections area I even see a Windows Mobile Remote Adapter when the phone is connnected thru USB. On the phone, I have it connected to the Wifi connection just fine, but in the Internet Sharing app for the phone I have no network to choose from even though the wifi connection is live and fine.

In my searching I found a lot about tethering a cell data network (that seems like cake), and also turning my phone into a Wifi hotspot. This information hasn't been able to help me though.

If any one can help me out, it would be great. I don't really have the money at the moment to get a decent new wireless adapter for the PC.

Thanks in advance for any help given.
March 28, 2010 10:35:57 PM

UPDATE: Still have no luck. I found a program called ICS Control v.21, but it only works on touchscreen WM phones, not WM standard. Which means a bunch of crashing.

This program would do exactally what I need it to do... just does not support my phone. Well the search continues... looking like I may just have to go buy an USB Wifi adapter soon.
Anonymous
April 22, 2010 5:35:54 AM

Try WMWiFiRouter

Here you have a picture:

You may choose the bottom-left button. :) 
!