Sign in with
Your question

HD Game PLAY Capture Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2010 11:04:53 AM

hi Gents!

Can you tell me what is the best HD capture card for ATI ( config above ), i would like to record MW2 and other new games of course in HD , please tell me if i would need upgrade other parts of my pc , i was thinking to change Graph card for bigger one and add maybe 2 more gig of ram just to run more smoothly the capturing during game. so here is my present config with the price list :) 

More about : game play capture card

January 21, 2010 11:23:24 AM

You don't need hardware for that. Simple programs such as Fraps will record games.
The rest of your computer looks fine.
January 21, 2010 11:29:23 AM

i have tried fraps but for some reason it was so laggy , i mean i couldnt play properly bcz my fps dropped , must be some driver issue , just reccomend me a good capture card , want to spend some money :)  u know mw2 eats a lot that could be the other reason
Related resources
January 21, 2010 11:33:55 AM

I don't think you understand. A capture card is meant to take something like a cable television signal and capture the picture for display on a pc. The games are already on your PC and thus you do not need a card to "capture" it. What you need is software to record the games. Fraps is the one I know can do that offhand but I'm sure there are other programs that also do so that you might like better.
Anonymous
February 26, 2010 8:15:21 AM

No you are wrong,
capture cards capture a much higher quality than Fraps + fraps doesnt work well in games like CoD.
if you wanna record high pixel HD i would indeed prefer a capture card! most screens have 2 HDMI connections so it shall not be hard ;) 

why i post this? i got teh best single card graphics possible the 5970 and fraps still drops me to a 15fps ;) 
February 26, 2010 8:30:35 AM

All you need is software... it makes no sense to need a card to "capture" the output of another card. Perhaps fraps isn't the best software to do so but something is seriously going wrong if it is dropping your FPS to 15 on an HD5970.
Also are you saying most monitors have an HDMI output that passes through the signal?
!