Sign in with
Your question

2 versions of Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio - whats the difference?

Last response: in Components
April 3, 2010 1:13:23 PM

Still trying to get a sound card and is proving a nightmare for what I need.

I may sacrifice one connection I need so I will need

1 x digital In
1 x digital Out

along with the usual connections, Line In etc.

The Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio has these 2 connections even though people don't seem to like Creative cards much, but there seems to be 2 versions of it. With a bit of a price difference.

Which one is the better, if either. What are the differences?

Product Code - 30SB104200000 & 70SB104000001

I wish Asus did a mid range price card with Digital In AND Out. :( 
April 3, 2010 1:27:37 PM

Some links to them would be nice.

What is your budget?
Related resources
April 3, 2010 2:20:45 PM

They are both the same card the difference is the cheaper one is an OEM version that would have came with a dell or something. What happens is the OEM manufactures will have excess surplus and sell them off to different retailers it will come with a limited 30 day warraty instead of the extended warranty you get with the retail version. So I would just get the OEM version since it is cheaper. It will also probably come in a plain brown box.

Now I use an X-FI titanium and I love it but some people will say creative sucks but they have fixed the problems they used to have with drivers.
April 5, 2010 10:09:21 AM

when was this when they fixed drivers?

do you use any of daniel_k drivers?
April 5, 2010 12:59:46 PM

The difference between different Creative sound cards may be described in terms of the thickness of the crust on a couple dried out turds...
April 5, 2010 3:18:18 PM

Don't bother with Creatives junk, ESPECIALLY the ExtremeAudio.

Yeah, if the Xonar DS had a digital In/Out, it would be great. Still, the HT Omega Striker is fully loaded for $89, so I'd recommend that for you if you can afford it.
April 5, 2010 4:59:36 PM

whats wrong with DX??? dont really need DTS do u?
!