Sign in with
Your question

Micro SD card not recognized after deleting partition

Last response: in Storage
January 25, 2012 11:52:04 PM

Hello,
First off, I'm an idiot. After trying and failing to format my Sandisk 16GB Micro SD card, I dove off into the computer management console and deleted the partition. Now, when inserted into the reader (checked on 2 computers), the card isn't recognized. I tried to format using the diskpart commands, but since the drive doesn't show up, period, I have nothing to work with. How can I get this thing to show up? Have I totally erased some small bootloader written to the card. Thanks for any ideas, and yes, I did search before posting this....Mitch
January 26, 2012 1:29:54 PM

Hey, scout, thanks for the reply; I found a fix before you hit my thread, but I've got that info bookmarked as I'll likely need it, too, when I screw up in the future.

Through searching the forum (here), I ran across a thread pointing to "Boot it Bare Metal". With that program I was able to write to the undetected (by Windows) micro sd card, and once it had some files written to it, I was able to carry on with my original task. I still don't know what caused my initial problem, but deleting the partition from the "Disk Management" console was certainly not a good idea. :)  Thanks, again!
m
l
August 31, 2012 12:39:21 AM

ammck55 said:
Hey, scout, thanks for the reply; I found a fix before you hit my thread, but I've got that info bookmarked as I'll likely need it, too, when I screw up in the future.

Through searching the forum (here), I ran across a thread pointing to "Boot it Bare Metal". With that program I was able to write to the undetected (by Windows) micro sd card, and once it had some files written to it, I was able to carry on with my original task. I still don't know what caused my initial problem, but deleting the partition from the "Disk Management" console was certainly not a good idea. :)  Thanks, again!

Hey,
I am also facing the same problem and tried to use bootit bare metal but couldn't get it to work. Could you please send me the steps to write files onto sd card using bootit bare metal?

Many thanks,
Jay
m
l
Related resources
!