DVD+RW disk dont work in DVD+RW drive

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 1:24:59 AM

Hi, I've recently got a Compaq R3000 Celeron 2.8 with a DVD+RW drive. Only
thing, it doesn't record to Packard Bell DVD+RW 2.4 speed disks??? The drive
must be working as it can play DVD and even able to record to CD-R's.

Open the D drive in My Computer and dragging files to it seems fine but when
I try to record to it it reports a roblem with the media?

The DVD+RW are from Packard Bell, but they should work right? Do anybody
know what the problem is? And does anybody knows for sure of a DVD+RW
manufacturer that does work on the Compaq R3000?

Thanks in advance,
John

Oh one more thing, the disk is a DVD+RW and not a DVD-RW for sure. It says
so on the packet.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 1:25:00 AM

"John Kavanagh" <john@digi-alt.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I've recently got a Compaq R3000 Celeron 2.8 with a DVD+RW drive. Only
> thing, it doesn't record to Packard Bell DVD+RW 2.4 speed disks??? The
drive
> must be working as it can play DVD and even able to record to CD-R's.
>
> Open the D drive in My Computer and dragging files to it seems fine but
when
> I try to record to it it reports a roblem with the media?
>
> The DVD+RW are from Packard Bell, but they should work right? Do anybody
> know what the problem is? And does anybody knows for sure of a DVD+RW
> manufacturer that does work on the Compaq R3000?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> John
>
> Oh one more thing, the disk is a DVD+RW and not a DVD-RW for sure. It says
> so on the packet.

What version of which burning software are you attempting to use?

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 1:33:16 AM

John,

I have a Compaq R3240US (most likely the same as yours). Bought it about a
month ago. I have successfully burned 5 dvds without problem. I bought the
FujiFilm DVD+R Movie Disks at Best Buy. They come in a 5 or 6 pack with DVD
movie type cases (blue and green), not jewl cases. They say 6hrs "ideal for
storing and sharing your movies, music and photos" up to 4x write speed. I
bought them cause they were the cheapest for a small test. I think 12.99
then 7.00 after rebate.

If it helps...the sku is 74101 72677

They look like this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=105182624360...

but they are FujiFilm Brand

Hope this helps...
--
Thanks,

Guy
"John Kavanagh" <john@digi-alt.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I've recently got a Compaq R3000 Celeron 2.8 with a DVD+RW drive. Only
> thing, it doesn't record to Packard Bell DVD+RW 2.4 speed disks??? The
drive
> must be working as it can play DVD and even able to record to CD-R's.
>
> Open the D drive in My Computer and dragging files to it seems fine but
when
> I try to record to it it reports a roblem with the media?
>
> The DVD+RW are from Packard Bell, but they should work right? Do anybody
> know what the problem is? And does anybody knows for sure of a DVD+RW
> manufacturer that does work on the Compaq R3000?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> John
>
> Oh one more thing, the disk is a DVD+RW and not a DVD-RW for sure. It says
> so on the packet.

a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 2:02:39 AM

HillBilly,

I know you didn't ask me...but my 2 cents.

I use Nero 6 (ultra edition).. there is nothing better for DVDs or CDs!!!

--
Thanks,

Guy
"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com> wrote in
message news:2naelkFu6u1mU1@uni-berlin.de...
> "John Kavanagh" <john@digi-alt.net> wrote in message
> > Hi, I've recently got a Compaq R3000 Celeron 2.8 with a DVD+RW drive.
Only
> > thing, it doesn't record to Packard Bell DVD+RW 2.4 speed disks??? The
> drive
> > must be working as it can play DVD and even able to record to CD-R's.
> >
> > Open the D drive in My Computer and dragging files to it seems fine but
> when
> > I try to record to it it reports a roblem with the media?
> >
> > The DVD+RW are from Packard Bell, but they should work right? Do anybody
> > know what the problem is? And does anybody knows for sure of a DVD+RW
> > manufacturer that does work on the Compaq R3000?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > John
> >
> > Oh one more thing, the disk is a DVD+RW and not a DVD-RW for sure. It
says
> > so on the packet.
>

> What version of which burning software are you attempting to use?

> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> I was just trying to help.
> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
> advice herein.
> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> Your mileage may vary.
> See store for details. :)
>
> Remove shoes to E-mail.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 3:14:57 AM

I just drag the files to the CD drive and let Windows XP burn them, it works
great on my PC. I've read something about a software update that may fix it,
thanks guys.

John

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com> wrote in
message news:2naelkFu6u1mU1@uni-berlin.de...
> "John Kavanagh" <john@digi-alt.net> wrote in message
> > Hi, I've recently got a Compaq R3000 Celeron 2.8 with a DVD+RW drive.
Only
> > thing, it doesn't record to Packard Bell DVD+RW 2.4 speed disks??? The
> drive
> > must be working as it can play DVD and even able to record to CD-R's.
> >
> > Open the D drive in My Computer and dragging files to it seems fine but
> when
> > I try to record to it it reports a roblem with the media?
> >
> > The DVD+RW are from Packard Bell, but they should work right? Do anybody
> > know what the problem is? And does anybody knows for sure of a DVD+RW
> > manufacturer that does work on the Compaq R3000?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > John
> >
> > Oh one more thing, the disk is a DVD+RW and not a DVD-RW for sure. It
says
> > so on the packet.
>

> What version of which burning software are you attempting to use?

> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> I was just trying to help.
> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
> advice herein.
> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> Your mileage may vary.
> See store for details. :)
>
> Remove shoes to E-mail.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 5:54:20 PM

| I just drag the files to the CD drive and let Windows XP burn them, it
works
| great on my PC. I've read something about a software update that may fix
it,
| thanks guys.
|
| John

Windows XP has no native capability to burn DVDs. (Longhorn allegedly will)

If you have drag and drop burning capability on another PC it is because
that PC has a third party UDF (packet writing) software which supports DVD
+RW installed. It probably came with whatever burning software is on that
computer and was installed by default.

Popular examples are InCD (Nero) and Drag-To-Disc (formerly DirectCD) from
Roxio.

You'll need a software of this nature to achieve what you want.

!