32nm technolgie

why does'nt intel make i7 in 32 nm technologie?
Alvaro, Brasil
16 answers Last reply
More about 32nm technolgie
  1. They will. IIRC, in Q4 2010.
  2. they dont need to as yet
  3. They do. Gulftown (i7-980X) is 32nm, and a bunch of Xeons: http://ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?codeName=33174
  4. They do: i7 980X
  5. archibael said:
    They do. Gulftown (i7-980X) is 32nm, and a bunch of Xeons: http://ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?codeName=33174

    lol, true that. I'm assuming OP meant mainstream i7s lol.
  6. Shadow703793 said:
    lol, true that. I'm assuming OP meant mainstream i7s lol.


    The i7-970 should be a "cheap" 6-core on 32nm. If you consider $500 "cheap" :D..

    Too bad Jenny got banned. Again. Otherwise she'd be here ripping holes in the OP for wanting to know anything about Intel :kaola: .
  7. ^ lolz
  8. I'm waiting for the 32 nm die shrink of the i7 quads. Until then, I'll just limp along with my OC'd C2Q's.
  9. ^ I'd agree. Too bad Intel didn't make the i7-930 a 32nm part. But I guess they want to keep those 45nm fabs busy still :P..
  10. fazers_on_stun said:
    ^ I'd agree. Too bad Intel didn't make the i7-930 a 32nm part. But I guess they want to keep those 45nm fabs busy still :P..


    The Clarkfield's GPU core is still 45nm so that's no excuse!

    Where's my 32nm quad-core i7 Intel?
  11. LePhuronn said:
    The Clarkfield's GPU core is still 45nm so that's no excuse!

    Where's my 32nm quad-core i7 Intel?


    IIRC Intel won't achieve 32nm crossover until this summer, so yeah currently >50% of their product is still 45nm.

    But, if Sandy Bridge is badged under the i7 moniker, then you'll have your 32nm quad by Q4 of this year or Q1 of next year :P.
  12. fazers,
    That is a hilarious sig you got there. :lol:
  13. Chad Boga said:
    fazers,
    That is a hilarious sig you got there. :lol:


    LOL - yep, considering she forgot to specify which planet :P. I'd bet on Pluto, except it's no longer considered a "planet"...
  14. fazers_on_stun said:
    The i7-970 should be a "cheap" 6-core on 32nm. If you consider $500 "cheap" :D..
    Too bad Jenny got banned. Again. Otherwise she'd be here ripping holes in the OP for wanting to know anything about Intel :kaola: .


    Jenny got banned? ='(
  15. LePhuronn said:
    The Clarkfield's GPU core is still 45nm so that's no excuse!

    Where's my 32nm quad-core i7 Intel?


    Think you meant "Clarkdale". Clarksfield is a mobile chip with no integrated graphics, and is fully 45nm. Not that you could possibly be confused by the two codenames... they're so dissimilar. :)
  16. archibael said:
    Think you meant "Clarkdale". Clarksfield is a mobile chip with no integrated graphics, and is fully 45nm. Not that you could possibly be confused by the two codenames... they're so dissimilar. :)


    That's the puppy. A colleague asked me what difference between a Bloomfield and a Lynnfield was as I was typing - I guess "field" got stuck in my fingers!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Intel