5870 Artifact

Just build my PC from "Enthusiast" under build by usage:

Enthusiast: $1,398.89
CPU: Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I7860 - Retail
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard w/ USB 3.0 & SATA 6 Gb/s - Retail
RAM: G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO - Retail
HSF: COOLER MASTER Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 compatible RR-B10-212P-GP 120mm "heatpipe direct contact" Long life sleeve CPU ... - Retail
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
GPU: XFX HD-587A-ZNF9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card ... - Retail
DVD: SAMSUNG DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223L LightScribe Support - OEM
Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

Turned it on for the 1st time, and it appears there are minor . I am brand new to building my own PC. Any suggestions?

**Edit**
artifacts becomes more visible and greater in numbers when viewing for example youtube, webpage images.

another SS

**update**
The start bar flashes when I move my mouse around...

Card temperature is running @ 40'C
12 answers Last reply
More about 5870 artifact
  1. did you overclock your card?
  2. No overclock of any kind was done
  3. Just woke up the computer from sleep mode, desktop turned up with some major artifact and then it went to a gray screen, i had to manually restart the computer.

after restarting,
    Artifact is getting worst.

Now there are lines going across the screen. Any ideas?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/LukeTMK/Artifline.png
  4. try reinstall you card by re-seat your card into the slot and get the latest driver. you could also try the card on another pc. if the problem persist i suspect the problem is faulty card
  5. will remove the card and reinstall it. as for trying it in another computer, i dont have that option. Keep you updated
  6. took out and re-added the card, still the same problem. As previously noted, the artifacts are getting worst. The driver is the latest. Is there anything else I can do? ifnot, it looks like I have to send the card back.
  7. it seems that the card is the problem. better send it back and ask for replacement
  8. Try uninstalling the graphics card and all its drivers and use your on-board graphics and see if you have the same problem. If the problem is resolved then send the card back get a replacement and happy gaming!
  9. Ok, I will send it back for replacement. Btw, I bought it from new egg, do I send it back to newegg or XFX?

ps: No on board card for this MOBO

Before I send it back, is there anyway I can check if the problem is the PCI slot on the MOBO? Or another component for that matter.
  10. luketmk said:
    Ok, I will send it back for replacement. Btw, I bought it from new egg, do I send it back to newegg or XFX?

ps: No on board card for this MOBO

Before I send it back, is there anyway I can check if the problem is the PCI slot on the MOBO? Or another component for that matter.

Thats strange I thought that all up to date MOBO's had on board graphics. You should send it back to new egg to get refunded or to have a direct replacement.

If you wanted to check if it was the PCI E slot you should try another card if you have one available.

Also check if you've installed it into the correct PCI E slot because you have one running at x16 and the other running at x8. Dont know if that would cause the issues you are experiencing.
  11. The hardware are listed in the first post.

I mean, I dont see any kind of video output on the MOBO.

I dont have the option to try another video card, bc i don have others... ; . ;

I am using the X16, its the one closest to the CPU.
  12. Just packed the baby up send it back to newegg for replacement
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Intel Graphics