Need help with new water cooling loop

Hey guys,
I Recently did a new build with water cooling in mind, in hindsight I probably should have gotten a more roomy case. I am looking into setting up a custom loop to cool a overclocked gtx 670 and i5 3570k. The real problem at this time is my case, the Rosewill Blackhawk mid tower, it would need a slim 240 rad on the top with 15mm thickness 120mm fans which really wont provide much airflow. Another option would be to configure a push pull as i could mount fans if i removed the top plastic shield, but both fans on each side would have to be slim, probably would have to go with scythes in a push pull config.

Another idea was to have a very thick single 120mm rad with a push pull while only mildly overclocking the cpu and gpu. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Build Config:
i5 3570k stock 3.4ghz
EVGA gtx 670
Asus P8z77-lk
Rosewill HIVE 650w PSU
OCZ Vertex 4 256gb
5 answers Last reply
More about need water cooling loop
  1. Flagging to respond from Pc later
    Moto
  2. You need more radiator space for that CPU and GPU, especially with an overclock. You could possibly get away with a thick 240 (just scraping by) or a 360 rad.

Certainly not a single 120.
  3. The google provides this example of someone else watercooling in your case:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1184838/rosewill-blackhawk-ultra-and-evga-sr-2-build-log

Seems like it would be useful.
  4. that is the blackhawk ultra, i have the mid tower but i think i'm just going to do an external rad, then I wont be cramped on space in the future
  5. External rad=Good idea and I fully approve :)
    Calculate your radspace using the info in Rubix' sticky, (links in his Sig)
    another option you have is an external radbox, keeps the case clean and neat-looking
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Configuration Overclocking