Is no one interested in the HD5970 anymore?

way2game89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
SO I have every single other part for my computer besides my ssd and graphics card. The ssd is coming though and I have yet to see anything in the works as for the hd5970 goes. I want this card. I have a build created for this monster! Lately though I have been trying to shop around for and have not been able to find it anywhere. None of the forums I have been looking up really talk about the card's availability. It is really making me even more anxious.

So the question I have is, if I'm ready to fork out the cash, when can I expect to get the card in my hands and start putting together my computer? I would rather buy from newegg or amazon though. Anyone have any ideas as for when they will become more widely available or has everyone just given up on the card?

Solution
You see the 5970 is made of 2 high binned 5870s. Therefor, the availability isn't going to be as good as the other 5xxx cards. You just need to be patient.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I didnt see what motherboard you are running.
Two 5870s will run faster than a 5970 and overclock better. Maybe you could do 3 5870's (motherboard dependent).
You also have more connectors on the back of the 5870 for Eyefinity...

I am only guessing that ATI is selling all of the 5870's it can and those are the same parts used for the 5970.

No crystal ball here....sorry....

way2game89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Two 5870s will run faster than a 5970 and overclock better. Maybe you could do 3 5870's (motherboard dependent).
You also have more connectors on the back of the 5870 for Eyefinity...

P7P55D- E PRO Motherboard. I am not a cf kind of person. 1 16x pcie lane with the best graphic card at the time was fine for me. Two 5870's cost more than one 5970 and the gains aren't all that impressive. I want the best single card gpu solution as of right now.

I'm also not interested in eyefinity at the moment because of space. I don't really have the room for three monitors.

TRENDING THREADS