Webcam girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am an internet producer. I run multiple cams in my house for a voyeur house. However, the pc i use is seems to freeze if i run more than 2 cams. what is the best pc to use for this kind of activity

To give a serious answer, the USB port has a maximum bandwidth of 480 Mb and this is probably shared on all of the USB ports on your computer, by putting on more than two cams you are exceeding the bandwidth. The solution to this problem is to install another PCI USB card and then you will be able to run another two cams from the card.

PS can you send me any pictures. :love:

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
or better yet, give us the video feed so we can diagnose the problem of the models.

And yes, we need all the specifications of the [strike]girls[/strike] computers to make educated suggestions.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
you need ip cameras... ie web cameras that work off cat 5 cable..

you need to connect each camera to a hub.

one pc will not be suffice for what you want..

still waiting for the abundance of pervs hitting this thread.

popatim

Titan

You forget PCI bus bandwidth is limited to 127MB/s (133 in base 10) LOL

I am an internet producer. I run multiple cams in my house for a voyeur house. However, the pc i use is seems to freeze if i run more than 2 cams. what is the best pc to use for this kind of activity

You will want a computer with multiple USB controllers, good bandwidth between the controller and the chipset, and plenty of CPU cores. I'd recommend some decent ATX-sized board with a quad-core CPU (any Phenom II X4 or a Core i5 i750) and several PCI Express (NOT standard PCI!) USB 2.0 controller cards. Plug one webcam into each USB card and you'll be good to go.

Ammend to that:
Depending on the quality of the camera (as in resolution) and number, you will need massive internet bandwidth to stream it live.
+1.

You forget PCI bus bandwidth is limited to 127MB/s (133 in base 10) LOL

popatim I did not forget about the PCI bus bandwidth, the PCI bus bandwidth is 127.2 Mega Bytes/second, where as the USB bandwidth is 480 Mega bits/second. So you should be able to put at least three USB cards in a computer driving a total of six cams assuming the computer is fast enough..

Hellboy wrote :

you need ip cameras... ie web cameras that work off cat 5 cable..

you need to connect each camera to a hub.

one pc will not be suffice for what you want..

still waiting for the abundance of pervs hitting this thread.

Ammend to that:
Depending on the quality of the camera (as in resolution) and number, you will need massive internet bandwidth to stream it live.
+1.

The video output from a Cam is uncompressed and it is up to the computer to compress the data so that you do not need massive bandwidth also a network would not have enough bandwidth to handle more than a few cams (1Gig bit) and I have never seen such an item for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.