Speedfan shows high NB temp

jjsmooth

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
I have a 790 FTW pwn board that is 2 years old now and I get readings of 90c on my NB. Does anyone have ideals in why? Everything else seems fine and I have been running this computer with minimal issues. Please help me if you can. Thanks

Solution
Check the temps in your bios, if it shows a different temp, it's a false report. If it shows the same temp, touch your NB heatsink to see if it's REALLY hot. If it's hot, there's an issue there, if it's not, it could just be dislodged from the chip or it could be a faulty sensor. Hope this helps.

violentlyhappy91

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Check the temps in your bios, if it shows a different temp, it's a false report. If it shows the same temp, touch your NB heatsink to see if it's REALLY hot. If it's hot, there's an issue there, if it's not, it could just be dislodged from the chip or it could be a faulty sensor. Hope this helps.

Solution

jjsmooth

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

Thanks I will check, but it does seem hot to the touch, I already noticed a post that said feel it LOL. Is there a way to get into the bios without reboting the computer its kinda a silly question but there has to be a way to do that. Thanks again for the help like to hear any suggestions, ect.. :D

jjsmooth

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

Check below? is there any way I :bounce: can get into the bios without re-booting that you know of? Thanks for the help :pt1cable: