Graphics Card Problem

olcorky_99

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
I have purchased a PNY nVidia GeForce 9800 GT EE 1024 graphics card. I can not get it to post. My system is home built. My OS is Windows 7. M/B is ASUS M2V-MX SE. Processor is Athlon Duo Core 2500mhz. 4GB Ram. After installing video card and rebooting system card will not post.I upgraded my PSU to a 750 watt Antec with 12v - 25 amp available. When I reinstall previous video card shows up immediately. Can any one help. Contact is email removed

olcorky_99

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Where do I go or what is the procedure for uninstalling older driver of the on board vga. I am using an ASUS PCIe card now and it is working fine, but want to use my 9800 card. And thanks for the quick response

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
On Asus' website, other users are also reporting they can't use a 9800 GT with your motherboard.

You may want to ask Asus if your motherboard's PCI-E slot is able to pump out enough watts to power your videocard.

Stick another videocard in there like a low powered 8500 GT or 7100 Gs or anything else. If the card works, at least you know the PCI-E slot works with lower power cards.