Sign in with
Your question

WatercoolingUK is the worst online retailer I've ever used.

Last response: in Overclocking
September 25, 2012 8:27:24 PM

Seriously.

I ordered a Phobya 1080 Rad bundle from there (The rad, fans, fan mounting bracket and stand) because I thought it was a bloody good deal. When I got the rad, I noticed that about an inch or two of the fins were really very loose and I didn't feel comfortable using it in case it leaked.

So I sent them an email (After looking for a phone number which they don't have) asking if I could send just the rad back and get a replacement. I got a reply back saying that it would be fine and so I sent the rad back thinking it would take a week or two maximum.

It's been closer to two months since I first placed the order with no rad, no refund, no nothing and needless to say... I'm quite annoyed.

All I wanted was a replacement rad so that I could get my watercooling rig up and running! I have since made 3 orders with SpecialTech all of which have arrived before WCUK issue a replacement. I bought an EK 690 waterblock from SpecialTech, opened it up and it didn't have any mounting screws. The box was sealed so not blaming SpecialTech for anything. So I phoned them up and their guys phoned EK on my behalf and got them to send me new screws ...and even they have arrived!

In Summary:

-faulty radiator
-poor customer service
-no contact number
-no replacement
-no refund
-been over a month

...and I'm still waiting. Stay well away from WCUK as there are far better companies that you can go to. It may cost a little bit more but at least you'll get your goods, they'll be working and you won't have to put up with the same amount of BS.
a b K Overclocking
September 26, 2012 4:52:16 PM

Did you get an RMA number, or some sort of way for them to track the return?

Do you know if the rad has actually even made it back to them?
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 26, 2012 7:29:17 PM

I know they have had Email issues as we've had another Wcuk thread recently which I managed to get sorted for the guy,
but still, I can understand your frustration :) 
I'll message Rob tomorrow and link this thread so he can get in touch with you.
Moto
Related resources
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 27, 2012 12:22:23 PM

Received a reply from Rob this afternoon (I work nights so can't check till I'm awake)

Reply is as follows:

Hi Moto,
Just sent an email to **Name deleted by Moto** about his RMA.. For some reason Lee our returns manager didnt keep him up to date with the progress of his RMA as this had to be sent back to Germany for replacement.. An overview of this issue is below FYI.
RMA was raised on 30.08.12
RMA received on 14.08.12

When Lee received **Name deleted** email to say he would like a replacement on 15.09.12 there's notes on my system from 17.09.12 here that our warehouse stock (4pcs) were faulty as well.. Same issue he had. We check all RMA replacements before they go out so the customer doesn't experience further problems.. What he has done next is Raise an RMA with Phobya in Germany and ship all the 4pcs stock and 1pc RMA back to them for assessment which they received on 21.09.12.

We received our latest Phobya order in yesterday and the 5 Radiators had been replaced for us... His RMA was replaced at around 3pm yesterday and this is why it has taken us this length of time to process this return.
----
Hopefully when this is resolved, I will ask him to update the forum post but if not, I would appreciate it if you could update it with the above details.. It doesn't look good if there's no plausible resolution for these issues.
Thanks once again for contacting us.. We owe you two now! :p 
Kind Regards

Rob

WCUK Online
http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk

Message end.

I can't do more than that I'm afraid Vampyr, hopefully this is you sorted soon and a happier customer?
nice choice of Rad by the way, I'd like two of those myself for a project case I have planned :) 
Moto
a b K Overclocking
September 27, 2012 6:52:38 PM

Quote:
What he has done next is Raise an RMA with Phobya in Germany and ship all the 4pcs stock and 1pc RMA back to them for assessment which they received on 21.09.12.

So LastVampyer identified an issues with all of the Phobya stock. Damn.

Sounds like they're following through - hopefully they deliver.
September 27, 2012 9:10:30 PM

I have received an email from WCUK, yesterday actually, explaining the situation. Apparently they had a faulty batch of those radiators and needed to send the back to Phobya in Germany. Now, I have no way of knowing if this is true or not so we'll give them the benefit of the doubt here...

Would it not have been easier just to keep me informed? Explain the situation and give a rough estimate as to when the issue might be resolved... Yes. Instead I was left in the dark, had no clue what was going on and that's the main reason I'm annoyed.

Also, the RMA dates are wrong -

" RMA was raised on 30.08.12
RMA received on 14.08.12"

So I raised the RMA on the 30th and traveled back in time to the 14th with Michael J Fox and my Delorean? Seems like a lot of effort :p 

When the radiator comes, I'll make sure it's alright and then update the forum post. Everything for my watercooling setup is here - the rad stand, pump, res, waterblocks... I want this project to be finished so I can enjoy it properly. I'm sure you understand.
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 27, 2012 10:04:59 PM

No problem man,
I have heard of Phobya putting out some less than perfect stock but this is the first firsthand experience I've encountered,
I noticed the dates as well and wasn't sure how that worked, rec'd 14/9/12 maybe?
and yes I understand a lack of communication is very annoying, hence my interjection on your behalf
anyhoo, you should be on the route to W/c bliss soon enough I reckon

let us know how it goes :) 
Moto
a b K Overclocking
September 28, 2012 2:47:26 AM

I'm betting it was that one guy's (Lee) responsibility to notify you and for some reason he didn't, and everyone just assumed he did. You had one job, Lee!
October 4, 2012 3:46:33 PM

Ok so my watercooling setup is all done and working now. The radiator arrived witch some bent fins but they aren't leaking or anything.

Managing a 3930K @ 4.2Ghz - 50c on load and the 2 GTX 690s aren't even hitting 45c on load so I'll be overclocking them at some point. :D 
a c 190 K Overclocking
October 4, 2012 4:53:05 PM

Glad to hear you got sorted out ok man,
What fans set up you have there?
I'd be wanting lower temps than that on a 1080, even just one lol, but tweaking and settling will probably bring them down a touch if you wanted to, not everyones extreme hehe
Moto
October 4, 2012 8:44:27 PM

4 Phobya G-Silent 18 700rpm red LED 180mm fans. Also, it's quite hot in my room most of the time so we have to take room temps into account.

The pump is set to medium/low as well. I tried looking for better fans but couldn't really find 180s anywhere, can you recommend any?
a c 190 K Overclocking
October 4, 2012 8:59:07 PM

I'm on my nightshift atm but I'll scope some out for you when I'm home, UK vendors I assume?
Moto
October 4, 2012 9:30:00 PM

UK indeed, sir. Take your time mate :) 
!