Building a water cooling system: need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
i have a new system and im tryin to build a water loop system with it....

my specs:
32 gb kingston 1600
corsair ssd
evga 670 4gb sli two-way
msi Z77A-GD80
coolermaster silent pro gold 800w
thermaltake caseRx-1

so i live in Saudi Arabia , parts are not found here nor do people know about it... so i have no one to ask .... i want to buy parts on frozenpcu , just wondering before i order them that they are right and work together and no missing items... any suggest please feel free to help... i need to make this an one time order.. alots of spent money and Saudi is very far from USA

if someone could help me see if all the parts fits and work together..

my list of products in the cart:

Swiftech MCR420-XP eXtreme Performance Quad 120mm Slim Radiator - (MCR420-XP)
Swiftech MCR120-XP eXtreme Performance 120mm Slim Radiator - (MCR120-XP)
XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Intel (Sockets LGA 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011)
XSPC Razor nVidia GTX 670 Full Coverage VGA Block - Reference Design (2x)
Swiftech MCP655™ 12v Water Pump w/ Speed Control and 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH)
Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev. 2 Small Form Factor / High-Flow Reservoir (1/2" ID & 3/8" ID)
245W Potted Peltier
Bitspower Ultimate G 1/4 Thread 3/8" ID x 1/2" OD Compression Fitting (BP-CPF-CC2)
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 3/8" ID 1/2" OD with 1/16" Wall - 10ft Retail Pack - UV Blue (PFLEXP10-12-B)
Bitspower G1/4" D-Plug Male / Male Coupler Set (BP-WTP-C07)

Solution
The thing you want to find out first is if Frozencpu will ship overseas , then I see you have selected two radiators is there a reason for that and are you going to be trying to get the radiators inside the case or outside. The 480 radiator will cool the cpu and two video cards so you wouldn't need the small 120mm radiator. The 3/8 conversion kit on the pump is for the thread size and not the tubing size so you need G1/4 thread size for the pump so you can fit two of the G1/4 compression fittings on it.
What are you doing with the pellitier cooler, that thing is not worth the trouble to use it makes condensation around the cpu that will cause damage unless you do exstensive water proofing with dielectric grease and ductseal compound to...
The thing you want to find out first is if Frozencpu will ship overseas , then I see you have selected two radiators is there a reason for that and are you going to be trying to get the radiators inside the case or outside. The 480 radiator will cool the cpu and two video cards so you wouldn't need the small 120mm radiator. The 3/8 conversion kit on the pump is for the thread size and not the tubing size so you need G1/4 thread size for the pump so you can fit two of the G1/4 compression fittings on it.
What are you doing with the pellitier cooler, that thing is not worth the trouble to use it makes condensation around the cpu that will cause damage unless you do exstensive water proofing with dielectric grease and ductseal compound to prevent humidity from getting near the pellitier plate and the cpu to cause water to form and get on the motherboard. Especially since you live in Saudi Arabia this could be a massive problem.
Make sure that the Evga is a reference card pcb so that the water block you order will fit. You can use distilled water for the liquid in the loop , just get a silver kilcoil to help prevent the growth of microbes.

Solution

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

well, when i first signed up they did mention saudi arabia, and i have someone live in chicago who is coming in one month, so i have safe bed... hopefully...the radiator inside or outside, i plan at the begining outside but fit the slim fits in the case why not... the small radiator though would be cool and extra push but no need of it now...for the pump i watch a video on youtube fitting the tube without comprssion fitting just a cord strap but im not sure what size he used "Ultimate Water Cooling Guide Part 1 - Preparation Procedure NCIX Tech Tips" is video on youtube...

pellitier cooler though is will get sub-zero easy without the problems ,,like digital storm case did..

i will research the evga gtx 670 4gb see if it fits, have the over clock edition if anyone knows..

what is the silver kilcoil ??

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hala Ashraf

There is a shop you can order from in the Middle East. Get in touch with Uber Systems. They're based in Dubai UAE. I've had some bad experiences from them in terms of leaving them to build your loop for you, but if you're just ordering from them it should be fine. Their site might be out of date but you can always call them for parts. I think that they only sell EK blocks though. If i'm not mistaken, their website is www.uber.ae

A silver kill coil is to get rid of any organic material/keep stuff from growing in your loop.

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

thank you, i check it out , it looks cool but limited,, but i dont understand for me part

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Well if you live in Saudi it'll save you a good deal in shipping to order from them whatever parts you can, and then whatever you can't get from them order from frozencpu or whatever other retailer that's not in the region.

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

fair enough i like the deal and idea, but also im waiting for frozencpu to reply,,
in this cse i will research the site again.. maybe to put some pieces together

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

btw sliver plate air compression do the job, im search for this type of compressions without the silver kilcoil, believe all in one is better....
what do u think??

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Taken from another Tom's Hardware question:

While I may be new to watercooling myself I have worked with compression fittings on chemistry analyzers and seen the results of what happens after you have water flow passing through tubing.

WARNING WALL OF TEXT(but theres good information in it)

Initally everything will be fine and you will gain the same benefits as the kill coil. Over time you will recieve less benefit from the silver plating because silver is a soft metal and will erode the plating as water flows across the plated surface. Things should continue to be fine until you perform a coolant change and flush your system because then all the dissolved silver in the coolant has been removed. Plating is most commonly done by electroplating, which leaves only a thin layer of the desired metal on the outer surface. Once that plating has eroded away, which you would only realize if you were undoing and checking the interior surfaces when you perform a system flush, you no longer benefit from those formerly plated surfaces.

Fortunately the fitting you linked is brass underneath and shouldn't cause any problems unless you have aluminum in your loop. See the sticky for information on galvanic corrosion.

In short its your call on whether or not to use silver plated fitting instead fo a kill coil, just be aware that electroplating is not perfect and may leave exposed areas of brass. Personally I would just use the kill coils and not wonder about the internal surface of fitting with every fluid change.

One last variable...the solubility of silver in whatever coolant you are using, it probably doesnt matter and you probably wont be able to find that information without doing a chemical analysis.

I would have a kill coil in there regardless of silver fittings,
and for the Peltier, check out this thread and see how Ryan has dealt with adding a peltier to his loop, you can add it into the loop but there are precautions to take :)
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/275185-11-exploring-ambient-water-cooling
read the whole thread but the peltier stuff starts later on
Theres also a handy list of websites in the sticky that may help you find an alternative vendor, FCpu are one of the more expensive ones,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-11-read-first-watercooling-sticky
Moto

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Btw, thank you of the lesson,(ur 100% right)(sorry about late reply im lebanon just arrived today and finally sat behind a computer) im still working my list... new information arrived.. are u in Dubai becaue next i will be there for business....if your there i wouldnt might meeting in person... we can talk business as well, computer business if your interested

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

thanks alot for the site, every help full...
im looking @ new new sites to order from..

also have blocks for evga sc edition with back plates as well
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/gpbl.html

but im still wondering about radiator ifs good nor not, as well as my pump

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

btw , which water block are you using, im still thinking between Swiftech Apogee HD CPU Waterblock - Black verus XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock for Intel Sockets 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011...\

for vga waterblock i think this is the only solution HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX 670 waterblock - Nvidia 670 Reference

any suggestions????

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

i switching my Radiator to koolance 3x120mm 30-FPI Copper(higher fdi), btw are grills important on fans, and picking fans higher rpm is better rigth?

With high fpi rads yes, high Cfm/Rpm is important, with lower fpi rads static pressure is more important (although its still important on high fpi units)
high Fpi rads need faster/louder fans but perform well at it, low Fpi use slower fans and are quieter but may require more radspace to achieve the same cooling ability, sheer radspace/fanspeed isn't the only thing affecting the water temperature
grills just keep your fingers/cats paws safe, if theres any risk of anything getting caught in them, mesh them up or buy grills, and if they are putting air into the case, filter the intakes
Moto

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

my new list of stuff:

-XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Special Edition Copper (Intel) (Sockets -LGA 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011)
-Swiftech MCP655 Variable Speed 12v Water Pump w/ G1/4 Thread Ports
-Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Inline Reservoir - Clear (BP-WTZM150AC-CL)
-Koolance Triple 140mm Copper High Flow Radiator - Black (HX-CU1403V) (No Nozzles)
-BGears B-Ice 140mm x 25mm Blue Chrome / Blue LED Fan(3x)
-Logisys 4" Dual Cold Cathode Kit - UV
-Bitspower Ultimate G 1/4 Thread 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD Com0pression Fitting - Matte Black (BP-MBCPF-CC1)(10x)
-Tygon R-3603 1/4" ID (3/8" OD) - Laboratory Tubing (3x)

"from frozencpu kart"

my question
1) everything fits together properly, all the pieces are harmony???
2) is the tubing the right size and enough, fittings 10 peiece enough as well, also my fans???
3) need to water block vga card(gtx 670 sc 4gb ) which ones would work?
4)Swiftech Apogee HD Limited Edition - 24K Gold (vs) instead copper edition XSPC RayStorm

because i want to order my order...

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
You tubing is MAD small dude, i'd suggest much wider tubing, 3/8 ID 1/2 OD minimum

EDIT if you were talking about meeting with me in dubai when you said that earlier I'm not in the region now, won't be back for a few weeks sorry lol.

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

well, im still coming for couple of reason, its too bad to hear...
maybe next time... i had a business idea to run by you,,, if your still interested feel free to contact me...

tubing better...
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 3/8"ID 1/2" OD with 1/16" Wall - UV Blue

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Much better, but don't go for primochill. For colored tubing I'd probably go with Feser, primochill has been having issues lately. As for the business idea you can always send me a pm about what your considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS