Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Antec Thermal Compound

Last response: in Overclocking
September 26, 2012 12:49:55 PM

I bought Antec Silver Compound Formula 5 yesterday at a local computer shop. I was looking for Arctic Silver 5 but they had Arctic Silver Ceramic and Antec Formula 3 and 5. I was wondering if I made my best decision. If someone could tell me a little bit about the Antec Thermal compounds, nothing technical just which one is better. I have an i5-2500K, I know I need a vertical line and all that good stuff, going air cooled with my XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle. Given my options I think all of them were better than the Dynex crap I bought from Best Buy awhile ago to get my system up and running. Thanks in advance guys!

More about : antec thermal compound

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
September 26, 2012 1:05:16 PM

Hardwaresecrets' testing indicates that it is very slightly worse than Arctic Silver 5 - but it's so close that it's really within the margin of error anyway.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/Thermal-Compou...
September 26, 2012 2:25:12 PM

LOL they used chocolate, toothpaste, butter, and lipstick! Thats awesome man. Thanks for the post!
m
l
Related resources
September 26, 2012 2:25:29 PM

Best answer selected by drip50291.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 26, 2012 2:33:41 PM

Yeah and mayonnaise ended up right in the middle of the pack compared to real thermal paste lol. Probably wouldn't last, but still...
m
l
!