Solved

Antec Thermal Compound

I bought Antec Silver Compound Formula 5 yesterday at a local computer shop. I was looking for Arctic Silver 5 but they had Arctic Silver Ceramic and Antec Formula 3 and 5. I was wondering if I made my best decision. If someone could tell me a little bit about the Antec Thermal compounds, nothing technical just which one is better. I have an i5-2500K, I know I need a vertical line and all that good stuff, going air cooled with my XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle. Given my options I think all of them were better than the Dynex crap I bought from Best Buy awhile ago to get my system up and running. Thanks in advance guys!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about antec thermal compound
  1. Best answer
    Hardwaresecrets' testing indicates that it is very slightly worse than Arctic Silver 5 - but it's so close that it's really within the margin of error anyway.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/Thermal-Compound-Roundup-January-2012/1468
  2. LOL they used chocolate, toothpaste, butter, and lipstick! Thats awesome man. Thanks for the post!
  3. Best answer selected by drip50291.
  4. Yeah and mayonnaise ended up right in the middle of the pack compared to real thermal paste lol. Probably wouldn't last, but still...
Ask a new question

Read More

Formula Antec Thermal Compound Silver Overclocking