Where do I find MP3 players and stuff for my Sims?

Ever since I put in the University extension, my Sims have been
wishing for things like MP3 players. But I can't find these gadgets
anywhere, on any community lot. They aren't anywhere to be found in
buy mode, either. So I do I find them?

Mxsmanic wrote:
> Ever since I put in the University extension, my Sims have been
> wishing for things like MP3 players. But I can't find these gadgets
> anywhere, on any community lot. They aren't anywhere to be found in
> buy mode, either. So I do I find them?
>
> --
> Transpose mxsmanic and gmail to reach me by e-mail.

They should be in some of your community lots at the University.
They're in community buy mode, either under electronics or misc,I can't
remember. It's like a big vending machine. Your sim puts in
simoleons and gets the object they want, they don't take it
to a cashier. It's a big silvery thing. Sorry I can't
describe it any better than that...I need caffeine badly <g>

Laura

Laura Castellano writes:

> They should be in some of your community lots at the University.
> They're in community buy mode, either under electronics or misc,I can't
> remember. It's like a big vending machine. Your sim puts in
> simoleons and gets the object they want, they don't take it
> to a cashier. It's a big silvery thing. Sorry I can't
> describe it any better than that...I need caffeine badly <g>

How do I get to community lots at the university if my Sims are living
in town? All of the community lots in town seem to have the stuff
they've always had. And what is "community buy mode"?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:48:33 +0200, Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Laura Castellano writes:
>
>> They should be in some of your community lots at the University.
>> They're in community buy mode, either under electronics or misc,I can't
>> remember. It's like a big vending machine. Your sim puts in
>> simoleons and gets the object they want, they don't take it
>> to a cashier. It's a big silvery thing. Sorry I can't
>> describe it any better than that...I need caffeine badly <g>
>
>How do I get to community lots at the university if my Sims are living
>in town? All of the community lots in town seem to have the stuff
>they've always had. And what is "community buy mode"?

From the neighborhood screen, go to a community lot in town. In Buy
mode, you will then be able to add the vending machine on the lot--or
anything else in Buy mode that you want to add.

Then, next time you take a Sim to that community lot, he/she can buy
the MP3 player there.

BW

when you are in the neboughood go on a community lot and in the buy mode
there should be a machine that you can buy mp3 phone and a games consol

John Lord writes:

> when you are in the neboughood go on a community lot and in the buy mode
> there should be a machine that you can buy mp3 phone and a games consol

Yes, an earlier poster suggested this and I finally tried it and it
works. Now my Sims seem to pull out their MP3 players or handheld
games at every opportunity. Thanks to all of you who explained how it
works.

By the way, can the cell phone be used to call anyone besides a taxi?
Do Sims always have the MP3 player, handheld game, and cell phone on
their persons?

Didn't I post my usual warning about the annoyances of the handhelds and
MP3s? They will never leave them alone. I think they sleep with them next
to their little hearts. My sims aren't allowed them any more. But the good
news is, if you have Nightlife, you can get rid of the phone and handheld by
removing them from their inventory. Yay, Maxis! Click on the sims to get
them to ring their friends.

Best wishes
maxon