Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity and CrossfireX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2010 3:41:30 AM

When is ATI going to come out with software necessary to run eyefinity in crossfire? Ugh! Waiting sucks...

More about : eyefinity crossfirex

January 22, 2010 4:03:13 AM

Probably when the next breed of 5970 comes out with the 6 mini display port.
m
l
January 22, 2010 4:04:56 AM

RCBolduc said:
When is ATI going to come out with software necessary to run eyefinity in crossfire? Ugh! Waiting sucks...

Technically the 9.12 hotfix drivers are supposed to but in reality it doesn't. Eyefinity works in crossfire for everyday use JUST not in gaming (which defeats the purpose).

For gaming, I have to disable one of my 5970s. Until they release decent drivers, I have an expensive paperweight.
m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2010 5:13:51 AM

RCBolduc said:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst9...
"2. Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 Hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional graphics cards for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups."
m
l
January 22, 2010 8:54:30 AM

Maziar said:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst9...
"2. Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 Hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional graphics cards for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups."

Hey there Maziar

I have already installed the 9.12 hotfix drivers with mixed results.

I tried the 10.1 betas with even worse results.

Hence my comments. :hello: 
m
l
January 22, 2010 9:04:43 AM

sorry didn't see your comment first :D 
But i have seen many users reporting good results with Cat 9.12 HotFix and eyefinity.for OP the best thing is to install and test and check how it performs.
m
l
January 22, 2010 9:37:30 AM

Maziar said:
sorry didn't see your comment first :D 
But i have seen many users reporting good results with Cat 9.12 HotFix and eyefinity.for OP the best thing is to install and test and check how it performs.

I have tried and tested all combinations but to no avail.

You are correct to say the 9.12 hotfix gives good results. On my rig a single 5970 gives good results but quadfiring my second 5970 gives terrible results in Eyefinity.

ie, <5 fps ave in gaming or crashes ("~exe has stopped responding......").
m
l
January 22, 2010 1:04:53 PM

oops,lets see how it goes for OP with 9.12 hotfix.
However i hope the drivers will get better in future
m
l
January 22, 2010 1:07:12 PM

Ja, you may have to wait a bit before Quadfire gets supported. That is a risk with buying extreme bleeding edge, but hopefully it will be resolved in a month or two.
m
l
January 22, 2010 2:24:32 PM

I made the same mistake with my 4870x2 quad setup............

Can't teach an old dog new tricks! :pt1cable: 
m
l
Anonymous
February 1, 2010 9:02:52 AM

I would like to run four displays in eyefinity, just to be able to span the deskop across all screens in 2x2. Will the 9.12 hotfix let me connect two displays to each card and run them in crossfire?

I haven't bought any cards yet, but I am considering 2 x 5870 1gb.

Will any pair of cards do the trick or am I limited to three displays until eyefinity edition cards are available?

/Tobias Carlen
m
l
!