Eyefinity and CrossfireX

When is ATI going to come out with software necessary to run eyefinity in crossfire? Ugh! Waiting sucks...
10 answers Last reply
More about eyefinity crossfirex
  1. Probably when the next breed of 5970 comes out with the 6 mini display port.
  2. RCBolduc said:
    When is ATI going to come out with software necessary to run eyefinity in crossfire? Ugh! Waiting sucks...


    Technically the 9.12 hotfix drivers are supposed to but in reality it doesn't. Eyefinity works in crossfire for everyday use JUST not in gaming (which defeats the purpose).

    For gaming, I have to disable one of my 5970s. Until they release decent drivers, I have an expensive paperweight.
  3. RCBolduc said:
    When is ATI going to come out with software necessary to run eyefinity in crossfire? Ugh! Waiting sucks...

    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx
    "2. Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
    The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 Hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional graphics cards for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups."
  4. Maziar said:
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx
    "2. Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
    The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 Hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional graphics cards for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups."


    Hey there Maziar

    I have already installed the 9.12 hotfix drivers with mixed results.

    I tried the 10.1 betas with even worse results.

    Hence my comments. :hello:
  5. sorry didn't see your comment first :D
    But i have seen many users reporting good results with Cat 9.12 HotFix and eyefinity.for OP the best thing is to install and test and check how it performs.
  6. Maziar said:
    sorry didn't see your comment first :D
    But i have seen many users reporting good results with Cat 9.12 HotFix and eyefinity.for OP the best thing is to install and test and check how it performs.


    I have tried and tested all combinations but to no avail.

    You are correct to say the 9.12 hotfix gives good results. On my rig a single 5970 gives good results but quadfiring my second 5970 gives terrible results in Eyefinity.

    ie, <5 fps ave in gaming or crashes ("~exe has stopped responding......").
  7. oops,lets see how it goes for OP with 9.12 hotfix.
    However i hope the drivers will get better in future
  8. Ja, you may have to wait a bit before Quadfire gets supported. That is a risk with buying extreme bleeding edge, but hopefully it will be resolved in a month or two.
  9. I made the same mistake with my 4870x2 quad setup............

    Can't teach an old dog new tricks! :pt1cable:
  10. I would like to run four displays in eyefinity, just to be able to span the deskop across all screens in 2x2. Will the 9.12 hotfix let me connect two displays to each card and run them in crossfire?

    I haven't bought any cards yet, but I am considering 2 x 5870 1gb.

    Will any pair of cards do the trick or am I limited to three displays until eyefinity edition cards are available?

    /Tobias Carlen
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Software Crossfire ATI Graphics