Sign in with
Your question

Asrock z77 pro3 - vcore option not available?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 26, 2012 11:08:02 PM

Surely I'm missing something here, but I've been trying to locate vcore setting for hours, googling, enabling-disabling stuff in bios did not help. Processor is i5-2500k.

According to manual, there is something called "cpu voltage" under overclocking tab in bios, but all I see is vcore-offset option. I flashed bios to the latest firmware as well but no luck.

a c 137 V Motherboard
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 26, 2012 11:24:11 PM

If I'm not mistaken, I think Offset mode is the only way to adjust Vcore with that board, and that's not really a bad thing. It just takes a little more effort to learn it and figure it out, but the advantages to using offsets are worth the effort.

A great guide to learn about how offsets work and how to use them http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2162-Overclock...

The board in the guide is a different board than you have, obviously, but the basics are the same.
a c 137 V Motherboard
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 26, 2012 11:29:09 PM

For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat as you are because my Asus P8Z68-V LE only allows Offset Vcore adjustment too.

Even if I had a choice to use a manual static Vcore, I wouldn't though. I like the voltage being able to drop at idle and the cooler temps that allows, as well.
Related resources
September 26, 2012 11:42:29 PM

Thanks for the reply! The guide seems great, the whole offset thing is new to me. I must also add that the auto O.C feature of the board is not too shabby either, clocking 4.2 ghz with 1.275 vcore.

I know its an entry level budget mobo, but actually there is a vcore setting showed in the manual. Maybe it was meant to be for pro4, or extreme models of the brand. Simple but a costly mistake to be in a manual, also highly unlikely.

I still belive that I'm missing something.
a c 137 V Motherboard
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 26, 2012 11:50:11 PM

Zeppelin8 said:
I know its an entry level budget mobo, but actually there is a vcore setting showed in the manual. Maybe it was meant to be for pro4, or extreme models of the brand. Simple but a costly mistake to be in a manual, also highly unlikely.

I still belive that I'm missing something.

You would think so, but the manual for my board is the same way. It leads you to believe that you can set the voltage manually (it says nothing about only being able to use offsets, or anything about offsets at all, actually). I didn't even know that was a thing until I started trying to OC and had to figure it out.
!