Found new hardware

I keep getting a message that windows found new hardware. Then it says there
was an error installing new hardware. The hardware it thinks it needs to
install is my printer. Well, my printer is already installed and working fine
and this stupid message keeps poping up every time a close it. Is there a
way to disable these dumb messages or let windows know that it is being
stupid?
2 answers Last reply
More about found hardware

    CBIRa wrote:
    > I keep getting a message that windows found new hardware. Then it
    > says there was an error installing new hardware. The hardware it
    > thinks it needs to install is my printer. Well, my printer is already
    > installed and working fine and this stupid message keeps poping up
    > every time a close it. Is there a way to disable these dumb messages
    > or let windows know that it is being stupid?

    You say it is already installed, but I must ask if you went to the
    manufacturers (the printer manufacturer) web page and downloaded the latest
    driver and installed it?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Yeah I have the latest driver. Wait I just put the cable back in and this
    time the message said the installation was finished. It is gone now, I must
    have fixed it when i reinstalled the driver. I did not bother restarting
    when I still got the message, but I restarted awhile ago for another reason.

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > CBIRa wrote:
    > > I keep getting a message that windows found new hardware. Then it
    > > says there was an error installing new hardware. The hardware it
    > > thinks it needs to install is my printer. Well, my printer is already
    > > installed and working fine and this stupid message keeps poping up
    > > every time a close it. Is there a way to disable these dumb messages
    > > or let windows know that it is being stupid?
    >
    > You say it is already installed, but I must ask if you went to the
    > manufacturers (the printer manufacturer) web page and downloaded the latest
    > driver and installed it?
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

Configuration Hardware Printers Windows XP