Found new hardware

October 17, 2004 4:33:07 PM

I keep getting a message that windows found new hardware. Then it says there
was an error installing new hardware. The hardware it thinks it needs to
install is my printer. Well, my printer is already installed and working fine
and this stupid message keeps poping up every time a close it. Is there a
way to disable these dumb messages or let windows know that it is being
stupid?

More about : found hardware

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 7:37:40 PM

CBIRa wrote:
> I keep getting a message that windows found new hardware. Then it
> says there was an error installing new hardware. The hardware it
> thinks it needs to install is my printer. Well, my printer is already
> installed and working fine and this stupid message keeps poping up
> every time a close it. Is there a way to disable these dumb messages
> or let windows know that it is being stupid?

You say it is already installed, but I must ask if you went to the
manufacturers (the printer manufacturer) web page and downloaded the latest
driver and installed it?

--
<- Shenan ->
October 17, 2004 7:37:41 PM

Yeah I have the latest driver. Wait I just put the cable back in and this
time the message said the installation was finished. It is gone now, I must
have fixed it when i reinstalled the driver. I did not bother restarting
when I still got the message, but I restarted awhile ago for another reason.