Mario441

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
System OS: Win Vista Home Premium fully updated 32 Bit, Motherboard P5Q PRO TURBO, CPU Q8400 2.66 Ghz.

I have installed a new SATA HD and the latest drivers. The OS is now Vista Home Premium 32 bit new installed and fully updated.

The log messages i received are (bluescreen) D1, B3 and 24 !?

* I noticed if i deinstall or turn off all overclock features software, NO PROBLEMS DO OCCUR !?

My current system:

-400W power supply in a new Aopen housing. -1 DVD RW
-1 Video ATI X1300 series 256MB with updated driver.
-1 CPU Intel 2 Duo Quad Q8400, 2.66 Ghz.
-1 Firewire controller PCI
-1Western digital Caviar Green 640GB, 32 MB Cache. Schijf: 640 GB, Ja, 7200 RPM, Serial ATA II, 3.5 " , Connected to the orange SATA on the board.
-4x 1Gb DDR2 800 compatible

Should i buy a stronger power supply unit !?

You simply need to decide if overclocking is worth investing $60-100 in a new beefier ps. Avoid cheap units; I use one of the following: antec, pc power and cooling, corsair, seasonic, enermax, or ocz. Corsair seems to be the favorite of gamers.

Most likely your power supply is more then enough for your system you could probably run that system on a 300 watt PSU. What do you have the vcore at if its getting blue screens you might need to up the voltage.

How much of an overclock do you have on the system?

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article.)
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Not sure on B3. Anyway, I pulled those quotes from http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm might want to check it out.

In other words, your overclock is NOT stable. Need more voltage in the right places, less overclock, better cooling. One or all of those should fix your problem. I doubt it's PSU related.