SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:
(---GAMING---, using Photoshop, watching movies, internet)
PARTS NOT REQUIRED:
OS (I have already purchased Windows XP Pro)
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:
(ordering from some Japanese sites)
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:
* Intel core i5 750 CPU
* 24 inch monitor
SLI OR CROSSFIRE:
(as high as possible within price range)
(Will be using an external DVD burner instead of internal because I need to use the DVD burner on other computers too)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The following is my list of parts. (links are mostly to Newegg, but I'm actually ordering from other sites. The prices are the prices I'm paying.)
3) nope, you don't get it. WoW doesn't care about gpu/cpu. I'm not saying you run it on IGP, but you NEED a fricking fast Internet connection or you'll lag bad or you get killed major. Research what ISP most WoW users use in Japan and GET THAT! (ask around in forums; not this one) Dumb down your specs like PSU = overkill = waste of money. You can get a respectable AM3 dualie at 3Ghz and a AMD 770 mobo. You seem to be in the wrong group where gamers like the look of their pcs more than what's on the screen. Which is more important, ask yourself?
4) They're the same. 8.0 means 7.1 strictly = 7 speakers + 1 subwoofer in the correct location like surrounding you. If you're wearing a headset or headphones, audio won't matter 1 bit. You'll be using stereo all the time.
5) not bad. Samsung is very popular in the west.
7) i5 750 has turbo mode. All you do is turn on turbo in bios on the mobo and you're done. It'll auto overclock to up to 3.2ghz, depending on things like heat.
Thank you very much for the reply, p55ibexpeak !!! I've edited my original message to reflect the answers you gave me.
I'll look into the available ISPs here for sure.
And I'm glad there is no difference between the two GTS 250s I listed. I'll go with the cheaper one.
Great information. I really appreciate the advice.
Thank you again p55ibexpeak. I have decided to go with that mobo you listed since it has the USB 3 and SATA 3 support.
I also updated the original post to reflect that and other changes / additions.
I just have a couple more questions:
1) The current build I have listed above is $191 over budget. Where should I scale back to get it back to the $1,100 mark? Or is it worth it to just bite the bullet and spend the extra money for a machine that will last longer?
2) The reason I'm looking at that Arctic Cooling CPU cooler is that I'd like to try to overclock the processor by putting it in turbo mode through the BIOS and I'm worried that the stock CPU fan/heatsink is not good enough. Is that CPU cooler worth it or should I just stick with the stock one?
Thank you very much for all your advice p55ibexpeak. It helped me a lot in looking at my options.
After taking everything into consideration, and also realizing that I need a good keyboard and mouse, I've decided to raise my budget to $1,400, and I've compiled a final list of parts at the top of this thread. All comments welcome. Have not ordered yet. I'd like to get some opinions on the build before I place the order. Thanks.