[Memory] Biostar A770E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze2ki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy the Biostar A770E3 motherboard. This will be my first Biostar board and I would like to ask you guys what ram works best with biostar, more specifically this board. Per their site they only have 2 gig modules listed as tested http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/memory_report.php?S_ID=450

The board supports up to 16 gigs. I would like to start with two 4-gig modules. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Hopster

Solution
First, unless your doing graphics design, I can't think of anything that would use 8 gigs of ram at this time.
Second the board supports triple channel memory which means you'll want at a minimum 3 sticks.
Your link opened a blank page for me so I have no idea which MoBo you chose.
Personally, I'd go with 3 x 2gb sticks (get the fastest you can afford within a multiplier of your CPU clock. ie.. 200mhz clock go with 1600, 1800, 2000 for OC'ing)
Then later (6-8months) upgrade to better / more when prices drop.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
First, unless your doing graphics design, I can't think of anything that would use 8 gigs of ram at this time.
Second the board supports triple channel memory which means you'll want at a minimum 3 sticks.
Your link opened a blank page for me so I have no idea which MoBo you chose.
Personally, I'd go with 3 x 2gb sticks (get the fastest you can afford within a multiplier of your CPU clock. ie.. 200mhz clock go with 1600, 1800, 2000 for OC'ing)
Then later (6-8months) upgrade to better / more when prices drop.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS