HELP, Medion laptop display problems

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
August 4, 2004 5:22:25 PM

I have a two year old Medion MD 5275 laptop. I recently have had a lot
of overheating problems with the computer so I decided to open it up
and check the cooling fan. After much frustration I figured out how to
get to the processor/heat sink and found the fan vents completely
plugged with dust. I cleaned out the vents and proceeded to put the
laptop back together.

Now the PROBLEM, after reassembling the computer the display does not
work at all. I can turn the computer on and off, hear the cooling fan
and CD drive operating, but the display is totally blank. The light
that indicates the battery is charging (located on the monitor portion
of the computer) lights up fine. I did not disconnect any monitor
plugs while I was working on the computer so I don't know what could
have gone wrong. I would appreciate it if someone can help.

JP
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 10:06:40 PM

There's usually a small switch in the laptop's surface above the
keyboard that senses when the display has been closed in order to
turn it off.

Sounds like you've perhaps got the switch bound up or broken when you
reassembled the unit.

==============
a b D Laptop
August 5, 2004 5:52:20 AM

Connect an external VGA monitor and see if the problem is the display or
the computer.

Laptops are tricky beasts, and when an untrained individual takes one
apart, there is, in my experience, no more than a 50% chance that the
laptop will ever work again without professional intervention (and,
often, the damage is irrepairable).

If you don't think that you damaged anything, then you probably need to
take it apart again and try to figure out what you did. A huge number
of problems are caused by people (even guys who build and service
desktop PCs) who don't know how to deal with the flat ribbon cables used
to connect almost everything within a laptop. The connectors at both
ends are normally "ZIF" (zero-insertion-force) sockets, and, in general,
people who are not trained simply don't know what they are or how they
work. In which case, ruining the cables becomes a probability rather
than a possibility.

JP wrote:
> I have a two year old Medion MD 5275 laptop. I recently have had a lot
> of overheating problems with the computer so I decided to open it up
> and check the cooling fan. After much frustration I figured out how to
> get to the processor/heat sink and found the fan vents completely
> plugged with dust. I cleaned out the vents and proceeded to put the
> laptop back together.
>
> Now the PROBLEM, after reassembling the computer the display does not
> work at all. I can turn the computer on and off, hear the cooling fan
> and CD drive operating, but the display is totally blank. The light
> that indicates the battery is charging (located on the monitor portion
> of the computer) lights up fine. I did not disconnect any monitor
> plugs while I was working on the computer so I don't know what could
> have gone wrong. I would appreciate it if someone can help.
>
> JP
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2004 1:52:57 AM

I hope you get it resolved, but, if you can't because of expensive/permanent
damage, I just wanted to mention that I am blind, and know others who are
blind, and using a laptop with a non-functioning display is not a problem
for us.

thanks.

Chip

"JP" <jhemi896@students.bju.edu> wrote in message
> I have a two year old Medion MD 5275 laptop. I recently have had a lot
> of overheating problems with the computer so I decided to open it up
> and check the cooling fan. After much frustration I figured out how to
> get to the processor/heat sink and found the fan vents completely
> plugged with dust. I cleaned out the vents and proceeded to put the
> laptop back together.
>
> Now the PROBLEM, after reassembling the computer the display does not
> work at all. I can turn the computer on and off, hear the cooling fan
> and CD drive operating, but the display is totally blank. The light
> that indicates the battery is charging (located on the monitor portion
> of the computer) lights up fine. I did not disconnect any monitor
> plugs while I was working on the computer so I don't know what could
> have gone wrong. I would appreciate it if someone can help.
>
> JP
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2004 6:13:50 AM

Chip Orange wrote:

> I hope you get it resolved, but, if you can't because of expensive/permanent
> damage, I just wanted to mention that I am blind, and know others who are
> blind, and using a laptop with a non-functioning display is not a problem
> for us.

Voice synthesizer?

Notan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2004 3:56:33 PM

> Chip Orange wrote:
> >
> > I hope you get it resolved, but, if you can't because of
expensive/permanent
> > damage, I just wanted to mention that I am blind, and know others who
are
> > blind, and using a laptop with a non-functioning display is not a
problem
> > for us.
>
> Voice synthesizer?
>
> Notan

Yes, that's what I use (the capability exists now in software so you don't
even need an external device as you once did, just your pc's sound card);
some others use an external device which gives them a braille display (it's
just a line 40 chars long, but you can sort of move what it's viewing around
the screen under software control).

I had once heard that some laptops were being trashed because their displays
were non-functional and not worth repairing, that's why I thought I'd bring
up the subject here in case anyone finds themselves with such a laptop.

Chip
December 5, 2011 10:42:15 AM

Hi JP,
This is ZMarshaller You wrote about your laptop, Your pc have huge problem with out any ex part can solve this type problem.
I can sagest you re payer company who can solve your problem very first & very chip price http://techexpert.com.au/
you can call them. they have Home service too. :hello:
!