My new CPU air cooler

GuppyFishNoob

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
hey guys. just about saved up for my new build now. my question today is im currently looking at getting a hyper 212 evo but ive had a look at the coolermaster V6 and am tossing up between them. i know that the hyper 212 evo is one of the best cooler for value for money but im considering getting the V6GT as it will match my build better due to the red and black theme. so what do you guys reckon? does the V6GT perform as well as the hyper 212 evo? i know it is more expensive but i am willing to pay the extra price if it will match my build better. forgot to mention getting a i5 3570K and planning to overclock. cheers guys. (pccasegear.com is my prefered site, as i am aussie :)

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I'd get the noctua, although i have quite high temps for my liking i didn't apply thermal paste correctly, the evo seems to be the one everyone has, i some times think maybe i should have gone with that myself because the noctua is huge but i will say its painless to install and remove =D Cheers!

GuppyFishNoob

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
i know the noctua air cooler is one of the best air coolers out there but i cant get past the colors of the fan. another reason is the color of the heatsink, which is why im thinking of changing the hyper 212 EVO for the V6GT due to its black heatsink and the stealthy look about it. it will suit my build better due to the red LED strips red extension cables in my HAF X case. my main question is the cooling performance of it on a 3570K which i plan to overclock against the hyper 212 EVO. not worried about the noise as i will only run it on 12V when im gaming or benching/overclocking. cheers guys. the total build cost is going to be approximately $2200 with delivery so i want to make sure its worth it for a kickass rig

Maybe some people are intimidated by a full blown W/C loop (and the costs can get astronomical, on the high end), plus, closed loop coolers aren't any better than lesser priced air coolers. That's why.

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Agreed closed loop sucks...The way I see it if you can assemble a computer and get it up and running..Then setting up a custom LCS should be a cake walk...The XSPC kits are exceptional at cooling and quite cheap as far as LCS's go...Don't be intimidated by H2O get ya feet wet and LC them scorching HOT OCed Intel chips

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
If ya gotta air cool OP just get a Silver Arrow or a Noctua may not fit your color scheme but they are some great coolers...As far as the CM coolers go IMO the 212+ EVO is the one I would get...It is a proven performer on OCed chips..My old AMD X4 940 has the 212+ on it and with a delta temp of 23c max temp under 100% load is 57c 3.9 GHz @ 1.5v...Whereas my two AMD 965 rigs are OCed to 4.4GHz @ 1.56v with the RASA RS240 kits and max 100% load temp is 38c with a delta temp of 24c..All of my machines use IC Diamond TIM...I know that the chip you will be cooling is Intel just want you to see the comparsion on Air to Water on similar chips

GuppyFishNoob

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
i will be getting a custom watercooling loop at a later date hence why im getting the HAF X case. im only getting a air cooler for now as it is my first proper full on gaming rig. air cooling for now, water cooling later when i get the cash to do a proper loop with rads, pumps and bitspower fittings so it looks f***ing awesome. might be making a build log for it, but on the fence as i dont know if anyone would watch it. if i get people who would watch i probs will make a build log for youtube.

TRENDING THREADS