Sign in with
Your question

AMD AutoClock

Last response: in Overclocking
September 27, 2012 4:40:03 PM

Hi guys,

I'm not very knowledgeable about computers but I would like get a bit more out of my Processor but want to do it as as simply and safely as I can. In my AMD Overdrive program I see a tool called AutoClock. Can I use it to overclock my CPU? If it is not a very good tool or not the right too for overclocking can you please recommend a safe and simple overclocking tool to me.

Thanks

Jack

More about : amd autoclock

a c 141 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
September 27, 2012 5:49:56 PM

What are the specs for your system? Before we can give you recommendations regarding AOD and how you might be able to use it, we need to know what you are working with. Be sure to tell us what CPU you are using and what make/model of power supply, motherboard, and video card you are using at a minimum.
m
l
September 28, 2012 5:50:18 AM

Hi COLGeek

Thx for you reply

My specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
AMD Athlon II X2 240
Biostar TA785G3+
4 GB RAM DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Antec 650 W Trio

As you can see my system's not exactly a world-beater. I can't afford a new one so I'm trying to squeeze a bit more from this one so I can get some improvement even a small improvement for World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria

I found a utility in AOD called Quick Setup which I like because it it is simple. You just drag the slider over as far to the right towards High Performance as you want. I moved it to the middle just be cautious. My video card has a similar easy to use overclocking utility.

Thanks again for your reply
m
l
!