Sign in with
Your question

5770 info needed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2010 1:55:32 PM

I am new to the foums. I read as much as I could before I got confused.

So I drank the kool-aid and went for a dual 5770 GPU set up. I got a really good discount from a corporate account so I went for it. I am not a guru with PCs but I can put one together and install basic stuff (OS and basic programs). Here are some of my issues and questions (AMD/ATI tech support didnt help):

My MB is crossfie ready and I have both crossfire cables connected.

I have (3) 19 inch LCD monitors in 1680x1050, they are all exatly the same. Two hook up to DVI and work in that resolution at 60Hz. The 3rd with the "active dp to dvi adapter" only lets me got to 1400x900 on that monitor. If I go any higher res I get a black screen flashing randomly. I tried older versions of drivers, and I tried ultramon as well and no help to the issue. Oh and forcing into a higher res and higher than 60Hz doesnt work either.

When I go into eyefinity with all three monitors it has to be in a lower res or the same 3rd monitor goes black flashing again.

I read somewhere that the adapters dont get enough power from the PC and needs a usp(female) to power outlet (male) adapter for consistant power supply. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Does anyone know where I can find an adapter that gives me 2ft of cord between the usb(female) and power outlet(male)?

Any info on this or in general would be greatly appreciated.

This is my set up in a nutshell:

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
(2)Sapphire Tech 100283VXL (crossfire)
AMD HDZ965FBGMBOX
Kingston Technology Corp. KVR1333D3K2/4GR
Seagate ST31500541AS
Cooler Master RR-UV8-XBU1-GP
(2)Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM
(3) ASUS VW198T Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

Thanks

More about : 5770 info needed

January 26, 2010 3:41:54 PM

Can you post the info about your power supply? Maybe the power supply isn't enough.
m
l
!