Wireless router to play wow

Hi,
I have a 2 wire 2701 HGV-W wireless router connected to Bigpond ADSL 2+. My son tries to play WOW online but gets logged out constantly with wireless (even when his laptop is 3 feet away from the modem), and on my imac as well (also 3 feet from modem). If he connects via cable, no problems. Bigpons says the line is fine, signal strength great, etc etc but problem still persists. Can anyone suggest a better wireless modem for gaming????? Or is it some other issue?
Thanks, Wendy
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless router play
  1. almost any branded router from your local PC chain store will do just fine for wow. Not much point going in to whats better for such a simple application for only 2 users.

I say local chain store as for the few bucks you may save from going online, you get a lot of peace of mind from being able to just go back and shout if needed
  2. Thanks for your reply. I went and bought a Belkin N+ wireless router and works perfectly. Turns out it was the modem that wasn't working properly - a shame Bigpond couldn't figure that one out!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Wireless Router Modem World Of Warcraft Networking