Sign in with
Your question

SLI bfg 260gtxoc

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2010 2:49:27 PM

Hi guys.

So I had originally been planning to upgrade 8800gtx, but then it broke so I RMA'd it. BFG are sending me 260GTXOC (BE).

So browsing through their site, it turns out I guess that the BE version of the card is on the older manufacturing process and the DE version of the same card is on their newer 55nm process.

Since I'm getting a BE, can I SLI it with the DE version? And as a general rule, can you SLI/crossfire cards made on different manufacturing processes?

More about : sli bfg 260gtxoc

a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2010 2:54:11 PM

pottymonster said:
Hi guys.

So I had originally been planning to upgrade 8800gtx, but then it broke so I RMA'd it. BFG are sending me 260GTXOC (BE).

So browsing through their site, it turns out I guess that the BE version of the card is on the older manufacturing process and the DE version of the same card is on their newer 55nm process.

Since I'm getting a BE, can I SLI it with the DE version? And as a general rule, can you SLI/crossfire cards made on different manufacturing processes?

Yes you can. You CAN'T SLI cards of different models. Different manufacturing processes don't make any difference because in essence the cards are the same.
m
l
January 22, 2010 3:02:12 PM

Nice. Looking at the BFG website a bit further and I don't think it's different manufacturing anymore... Not sure what the difference is, but I'll keep looking.
m
l
Related resources
a c 271 U Graphics card
January 22, 2010 10:41:25 PM

It may be that the older one is a 192 SP model and the newer one is a 216 SP version.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2010 10:51:29 PM

8800GTX to a GTX260...that's a sweet upgrade. :D 
m
l
!