Sep 27, 2012
This is my 1 week old new build

i5 - 3570k
P8Z68-V PRO
8 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE
THERMAL TAKE WATER 2.0 COOLER
EVGA GTX 570 2.5 GB
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT

BF3 and all of my games have been playing fine until I overclocked to 4.2 GHZ and now the second BF3 loads a map it instantly crashes to desktop and I have to control alt delete to get rid of it, I have all the latest drivers what is going on?

Solution
ahh *** i knew it was precision tuner been having that problem and its driving me crazy. i did up my voltage a hair and still does it maybe it needs more. i was running on these settings for a while and it just started doing this again. its always 2 mins into the game it just randomly freezes.

im running my over clock at 1000mhz and memory speed of 2200 @ 1.09v or something close to that. i looked up and it said it could be just overclocking the memory that high and the voltage being to low. everyone says 1.12 to 1.2v at these settings are perfectly stable
Is this in multiplayer or single player? I found in multiplayer to get it to work properly I had to go into a non punkbuster game then in the options you will find a setting called "enable punkbuster" or something like that, make sure its ticked.

Whats the error that battlelog gives you?

TheNickasaurus

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Ok I will try that amuffin thanks, chugot9218 - how come? This board has been great so far, mouse24 - only multiplayer and it gives no error it just exits to desktop and it freezes up and I have to click end task like 5 times to finally get it to go through then it all goes back to normal and closes

chugot9218

Honorable
Ehh, I guess just for the new feature set, I guess it just makes sense to me to grab the latest board revision for the latest processor, I am sure the performance difference is little to none for most purposes. Mainly I was thinking about this because another person on here was having trouble getting their z68-V Pro BIOS updated to take their Ivy processor, and the z77 board has the USB BIOS Flashback that the z68 doesn't, but that is moot anyways because if he had the z77 he wouldn't need to flash his BIOS to accept the Ivy CPU.

chugot9218

Honorable
Did you manually OC or did you use one of the built in tuners? And by returning to stock settings, did you reset them manually or did you just restore the BIOS to default?

And, gotta ask, did you download all the driver updates as opposed to using the CD?

TheNickasaurus

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
manual OC and temps are fine, I used the CD to start with but I got updated versions of all my drivers later online. Here is something weird I found out 20 minutes ago, I can play full games completely fine on maps that don't have jets, really weird.

TheNickasaurus

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
No errors came back from windows memory diagnostic, the game is completely unplayable while all of my other games work fine, bf3 is the one I really want to play though and I don't really know what else to do.

TheNickasaurus

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Ok figured it out for good this time, EVGA precision was causing it, everytime I overclocked it the crashes would happen so I did some research and learned that I had to raise the voltage on the GPU and now it works great FINALLY SOLVED! thank you for the help!

ahh *** i knew it was precision tuner been having that problem and its driving me crazy. i did up my voltage a hair and still does it maybe it needs more. i was running on these settings for a while and it just started doing this again. its always 2 mins into the game it just randomly freezes.

im running my over clock at 1000mhz and memory speed of 2200 @ 1.09v or something close to that. i looked up and it said it could be just overclocking the memory that high and the voltage being to low. everyone says 1.12 to 1.2v at these settings are perfectly stable

Solution