Where is my Catalyst Autotune?

Tags:
  • AMD
  • Catalyst
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
September 28, 2012 3:05:25 AM

Hi guys!

First time poster here. I have had a bit of a look and I don't think anyone has asked this yet...

I have a Gigabyte HD 7870 OC 2GB which is just amazing. Loving life :bounce:  but I would like an idiot proof way to squeeze more out of it.

Where is the autotune feature on Catalyst? I'm pretty sure I have version 12.7 or 12.9 (I am posting from a work computer so not sure what it is atm).

I have done a fair bit of research and it looks like everyone has autotune but me :??:  . Is the feature redundant now? Is AMD no longer confident it can safely overclock our GPUs?

Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LK Motherboard
GPU:Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 2GB Overclocked
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

More about : catalyst autotune

September 28, 2012 3:10:40 AM

it should be in the AMD overdrive section of the Performance tab in the Catalyst Control Center.
m
l
September 28, 2012 3:19:41 AM

I realize that. It isn't there.
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
a c 150 K Overclocking
September 28, 2012 3:31:06 AM

Use MSI Afterburner.
m
l

Best solution

September 28, 2012 3:50:01 AM

I had the same problem for a while. AMD Overdrive was there, but I couldn't enable it to autotune or anything. I had to uninstall the drivers, user Driver Fusion to remove all files and registry entries related the driver I uninstalled, and then install the latest drivers. Try just uninstalling the drivers first and then reinstalling the latest drivers. If that doesn't work, try Driver Fusion like I had to.

Driver Fusion - http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion
September 28, 2012 4:35:59 AM

Best answer selected by RichoOssavitor.
m
l
September 28, 2012 4:59:01 AM

arson94 said:
I had the same problem for a while. AMD Overdrive was there, but I couldn't enable it to autotune or anything. I had to uninstall the drivers, user Driver Fusion to remove all files and registry entries related the driver I uninstalled, and then install the latest drivers. Try just uninstalling the drivers first and then reinstalling the latest drivers. If that doesn't work, try Driver Fusion like I had to.

Driver Fusion - http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

Thanks man.

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but. Maybe the Catalyst update will include autotune. See the interface is so pretty... and the AMD badging fills me with confidence. I'm a brand guy.
m
l
September 28, 2012 4:48:42 PM

Good luck. I fought with it for weeks and couldn't figure it out. Then I saw another post somewhere like I wrote here to try Driver Fusion. My main purpose was to be able to enable Graphics OverDrive so that I could see the temps on my video card. But the process resolved all issues I had with everything under the Performance tab in CCC. Well, it's called AMD VISION Engine Control Center now. So AVECC? lol either way, hope it solves your problems too.
m
l
!