Can you run flashdrives in raid 0 just like hdds?

Possible, yes. Good idea, no. Hmm, now I need my links to a dozen threads arguing this point.

By flashdrive, do you mean an SSD or a USB thumb drive? If the latter, don't do it, period. They aren't fast enough or good enough; you will get a slow setup that loses your data.

If you mean SSDs, you are much, much better off buying a larger SSD in the same product line than two smaller ones and putting them in RAID0.

RAID 0 multiplies the chances of failure. RAID0 helps more with HDDs, where seek time is dominant, by allowing data to transfer from one drive while the other is seeking. SSDs have negligibile seek time. There are a few people here who will do this, most will avoid it like the plague. My advice: Unless you have a very specific need that RAID 0, and only RAID 0, will fulfill, don't do it.

pecamuzicar

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012

Hi,

I need a such connection of two or more flash drives in raid (any kind of raid ?) because I suppose to get on such way a single faster drive than a flash drive alone. I would use some better kind of flash drives, or two SD cards i.e. class 10, over two card readers to get also - windows can see them like internal single HDD.

Most important part of my purpose in such idea is to get smallest possible (thin also) HDD device to put it inside my mini notebook Asus EeePC4G surf. I heard for possibilities to connect SSD SATA 2,5" drive for him, but I doubt in this my notebook will be enough space if I will even remove external case from such SSD.

For this is need to remove cases from all flash's, hubs and card readers and something skill in soldering. But all about I am worried is how to configure these USB devices in my windows xp, so experts are welcome to say. Cheers

Peter