Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HP Solution Center on XP

Last response: in Windows XP
September 4, 2012 10:27:12 PM

Hello,
I cant install hp solution center for xp on F4180 Deskjet. I've had printer for a few years but recently reinstalled on same pc, but HP's Solution Center did not install, and I can't find a download for it. Please help-thx!

More about : solution center

September 4, 2012 11:43:43 PM

The driver is available right on the HP website. . .
m
l

Best solution

September 5, 2012 1:17:46 AM
Related resources
September 5, 2012 7:38:02 PM

nimedeiros said:
I believe this is what you want

Teach a man to fish. . .
m
l
September 5, 2012 10:19:31 PM

thanks for the advice
m
l
September 14, 2012 3:57:11 PM

Best answer selected by fraziely.
m
l
September 14, 2012 4:21:32 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
The driver is available right on the HP website. . .

It's not the driver that's needed (as per my question)-you'll note that the driver(s) and software have already been installed. It was specifically the Solution Center. Prior to posting my question, I had already perused the HP Website-been there, done that...That would be a 'given' imo.

I've since solved the issue with a custom install. But thanks for your time anyway...
m
l
September 14, 2012 4:30:00 PM

nimedeiros said:
thanks for the advice

Hi-I just want to thank you for taking the time to research and respond to my question! I had already been to the HP site, and nothing fit the solution.

I've since solved the issue-thanks to your earlier response. I realized that the driver was already installed previously. Before posting my question, I had tried to download and install the product with software from the HP Site-that didn't work. Probably because I didn't uninstall first (not sure on that though). But, you got me to thinking...maybe if I try a custom install using the software from the website (drivers would be updated, etc)-then just maybe I could install just the Solution Center. It worked!!!

I am so pleased, and very thankful to you for your knowledge and time!!!! You've saved me a small bundle on buying another printer-and for that I am truly grateful to you!

I'm a graphic and web designer-not a desktop support afficionado. Therefore, I have just a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to desktop solutions. In this case, I was all out of tricks. So, again I am much appreciative of your effort to help me do what I do best!
m
l
!