Sign in with
Your question

XP Home Edition ISO

Last response: in Windows XP
September 4, 2012 10:56:51 PM

I am looking for an XP Home Edition ISO, so I can format my laptop... I don't have the original disc, or an XP home disc, at that...

*NOTE* Yes I have a valid license :3

Thanks,

- SMOR3S - Kevin -

More about : home edition iso

September 4, 2012 11:50:33 PM

There are a few issues here that you are not aware of:

Your laptop most likely came with an OEM license, and that means you will need an OEM disc. A full version/retail disc will not work with your license key.

There is no generic OEM disc; they are customized by the PC manufacturer to include the special drivers you need for your laptop.

If you use an OEM disc from another computer it will probably not install, and if it does, it will not have all the drivers you need.

Most laptops come with a utility to make a recovery disc, and you should use that if you can. Otherwise, most laptops come with a recovery partition that can restore the hard drive to the factory image.
m
l
September 4, 2012 11:57:17 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
There are a few issues here that you are not aware of:

Your laptop most likely came with an OEM license, and that means you will need an OEM disc. A full version/retail disc will not work with your license key.

There is no generic OEM disc; they are customized by the PC manufacturer to include the special drivers you need for your laptop.

If you use an OEM disc from another computer it will probably not install, and if it does, it will not have all the drivers you need.

Most laptops come with a utility to make a recovery disc, and you should use that if you can. Otherwise, most laptops come with a recovery partition that can restore the hard drive to the factory image.

I am not familiar with XP that much anymore, being that It's been like 5-6 years, but where would this feature be located at in XP?... I am able to boot the laptop into XP, I just wanted to reformat the whole thing, cause I am using this for playing live music, and all I need on it is XP, and Traktor... It would be a lot easier than to uninstall everything, and then turn off all features :3
m
l
Related resources
September 5, 2012 12:58:25 AM

What is your windows build version?
m
l
September 5, 2012 1:55:06 AM

nimedeiros said:
What is your windows build version?

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002
m
l
September 5, 2012 2:28:33 AM

Couldn't I just put a retail copy of XP on? cause I have having issues still with this...

Traktor, Winrar, Driver Cleaner Pro, Defraggler, and CCleaner installs, but Java 7 and my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Drivers Won't..

I keep getting this error when I try to install them... And yes they are Windows 7/XP etc...

Error:

Runtime Error (at - 1:0):
Cannot Import dll:c\DOCUME~1\*insertusername*\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-JLL0B.tmp\software-update.dll.

This is the most crucial thing for my live set laptop.. I need to install these audio drivers for my audio interface.. Without these, my audio interface doesn't work..

Thanks,

- SMOR3S - Kevin -
m
l
September 5, 2012 3:22:12 AM

I don't think the CD drive works.. I put in an XP disc, and it won't even boot..
m
l
September 5, 2012 9:48:37 PM

SMOR3S said:
I don't think the CD drive works.. I put in an XP disc, and it won't even boot..

If the CD Drive works, it should play any music CD.. If you have tried that and it does play, the Windows XP CD may be incompatible with the Installed version of Windows XP... and to make it install, you may have to format the installed version. But, it sounds to me you don't need to reinstall or format, you may only need to do some maintenance on the installed Windows XP... so do the following suggestions before anything. Proceed to do a fresh installation only as last resort.

1) Start\Run\type: "%temp%" (no quotes) and hit Enter\and delete everything in the Temp folder
2) Go to C:\WINDOWS\temp... and delete everything there
3) Go to Start\Run\Type; "msconfig" and hit Enter\
a). go to the Startup tab and uncheck all applications you don't need. Only leave checked the antivirus and any applications you need to have running when the computer starts-up, next click Apply....
b). Go to the Services tab\mark "Hide all Microsoft Services" and uncheck any third party application services you don't need to have running when the computer starts-up, next click Apply and Accept to exit Msconfig.. Restart the computer for changes to take effect.
4) Scan the system with a fully updated antivirus for best results.
5)Next download and install CCleaner to clean the Registry as well as unnecessary temp files and other junk files... and to complement the system cleanup/tune-up install an application such as Tune Up Utilities or freeware Glary Utilities.
6) If you still have trouble installing the applications you mentioned before, update the Windows Installer to the most recent XP compatible version.

Download link:
Windows Installer 3.1 v2 (3.1.4000.2435) is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803/en

Also some programs need NET Framework to install, so check if you have it and which version installed in the Control Panel\Add and Remove Programs. Restart the computer for best results.

If the previous suggestions don't work, check the following for a more complete Tune-up of your Windows XP.

How to Tune up Your Windows XP PC
http://www.wikihow.com/Tune-up-Your-Windows-XP-PC
m
l
!