Too low FPS on HIS HD 7850 IceQX Turbo

Elementalist71

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Hello Community,

I have a HIS HD 7850 in my PC. I tested overclocking a bit and I set it higher than possible in the HIS iTurbo setup (just to test a bit), so i had it too high and than it just hang up. Than I set it on normal settungs again and my question is:
- Is my graphics card damaged already, just because I gave a too high clock for a few seconds (i think it was 52°C)
- I dont have the benchmark in games than the benchmark tested from some sites (but I dont know exactly if it was the same before the overclock)

SO is my card damaged ?? I think it should not be, as there are no errors, just the FPS is to low for my sense...
Help PLS :)

Greetings
Elementalist71

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
From my own experiences, I have damaged my fans by overclocking. I used to be able to adjust my fan speed, but after overclocking it, and crashing on me, I was unable to use overclocking programs as they gave me errors, and specifically I was unable to mod my fan speed. Your GPU however should not be damaged, but check your heat when you put your PC on load, or check the fans.

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
What are your FPS? And What kind of processor do you run? You could be bottle necking something, your card can have a deffect or you're not overclocking properly.

Elementalist71

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Well it got better (maybe even normal) now, but here my PC:

CPU: AMD-FX6200
GPU: HIS HD 7850 IceQX Turbo (2GB)
RAM: 8GB
Power Supply is 530W, that is definitely not the problem and the PC it is 2 months old.

So i did the Ungine Heaven Benchmark 2.1 and got 44.5 FPS from the benchmarking, but here http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=924&Itemid=72&limit=1&limitstart=13 the guys have 47.2 FPS (same settings ofc, left chart).
Is this normal or is it too low ?
Sry that my reply comes so late. I would be glad if you could answer.

Sincerely, Elementalist 71

loresr97

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

Maybe it's the CPU, Intel i5 3570k would have been a better CPU choice for gaming.