Sign in with
Your question

Too low FPS on HIS HD 7850 IceQX Turbo

Last response: in Overclocking
September 29, 2012 11:24:48 AM

Hello Community,

I have a HIS HD 7850 in my PC. I tested overclocking a bit and I set it higher than possible in the HIS iTurbo setup (just to test a bit), so i had it too high and than it just hang up. Than I set it on normal settungs again and my question is:
- Is my graphics card damaged already, just because I gave a too high clock for a few seconds (i think it was 52°C)
- I dont have the benchmark in games than the benchmark tested from some sites (but I dont know exactly if it was the same before the overclock)

SO is my card damaged ?? I think it should not be, as there are no errors, just the FPS is to low for my sense...
Help PLS :) 

Greetings
Elementalist71
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 10:27:05 PM

From my own experiences, I have damaged my fans by overclocking. I used to be able to adjust my fan speed, but after overclocking it, and crashing on me, I was unable to use overclocking programs as they gave me errors, and specifically I was unable to mod my fan speed. Your GPU however should not be damaged, but check your heat when you put your PC on load, or check the fans.
a b U Graphics card
October 13, 2012 7:28:30 AM

What are your FPS? And What kind of processor do you run? You could be bottle necking something, your card can have a deffect or you're not overclocking properly.
Related resources
October 15, 2012 10:30:47 AM

We need to know about your PSU,CPU, driver version, and the games you've been testing with ;) 
October 25, 2012 5:19:09 PM

Well it got better (maybe even normal) now, but here my PC:

CPU: AMD-FX6200
GPU: HIS HD 7850 IceQX Turbo (2GB)
RAM: 8GB
Power Supply is 530W, that is definitely not the problem and the PC it is 2 months old.

So i did the Ungine Heaven Benchmark 2.1 and got 44.5 FPS from the benchmarking, but here http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten... the guys have 47.2 FPS (same settings ofc, left chart).
Is this normal or is it too low ?
Sry that my reply comes so late. I would be glad if you could answer.

Sincerely, Elementalist 71
October 26, 2012 12:50:56 AM

Elementalist71 said:
Well it got better (maybe even normal) now, but here my PC:

CPU: AMD-FX6200
GPU: HIS HD 7850 IceQX Turbo (2GB)
RAM: 8GB
Power Supply is 530W, that is definitely not the problem and the PC it is 2 months old.

So i did the Ungine Heaven Benchmark 2.1 and got 44.5 FPS from the benchmarking, but here http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten... the guys have 47.2 FPS (same settings ofc, left chart).
Is this normal or is it too low ?
Sry that my reply comes so late. I would be glad if you could answer.

Sincerely, Elementalist 71

Maybe it's the CPU, Intel i5 3570k would have been a better CPU choice for gaming.
!