Couldn't find the answer

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 20, 2005 9:13:00 AM

Hi all,

Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
neighbourhood to another? I made a sim in a particular neighbourhood and
then decided I want him somewhere else.
Thanks for any answers.
Beck.

More about : find answer

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 9:13:01 AM

>Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.

Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
body shop.
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 12:49:21 PM

Beck wrote:

> Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
> neighbourhood to another?

You can't. However, you can move the sims into a lot and move that lot
to the Lot bin, which is common to all neighbourhoods. Then you can move
the lot - with the family - to another neighbourhood.
September 20, 2005 12:49:22 PM

Be warned though, this will fill up your new neighbourhood folder with lots
of redundant files. This is the short way to speed your neighbourhood to
corruption and unplayability. Well, it is if you do it a lot.

Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.

Best wishes
maxon

"Boerge Rahbech Jensen" <asdfaf@asdfa.ax> wrote in message
> Beck wrote:
>
> > Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
> > neighbourhood to another?
>
> You can't. However, you can move the sims into a lot and move that lot
> to the Lot bin, which is common to all neighbourhoods. Then you can move
> the lot - with the family - to another neighbourhood.
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 3:14:14 PM

In Bodyshop - probably CAS too - but it's a good idea to open them up in
Bodyshop and then save the sim again. It does something to the character
file. I'm not sure what but they are more stable after the second save.
You can then delete the original saved sim in Bodyshop.

Best wishes
maxon

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
>
> Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
> body shop.

September 21, 2005 6:43:18 AM

Oh ok, I'll give that a go.
Thanks heaps.
Beck.

"Boerge Rahbech Jensen" <asdfaf@asdfa.ax> wrote in message
> Beck wrote:
>
>> Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
>> neighbourhood to another?
>
> You can't. However, you can move the sims into a lot and move that lot to
> the Lot bin, which is common to all neighbourhoods. Then you can move the
> lot - with the family - to another neighbourhood.
September 21, 2005 6:46:13 AM

Oh ok, damn, I thought it would be easy lol.
It took me ages (not very skilled at this) to make this Sim look like a
person I know. If I package this sim up and move him, does that just mean I
have to re-create him? I have found that downloading a celebrity (for
example) just gives me that Sim's eyes, skin tone, skin etc. and I have to
re-create them anyway. Have I done something wrong?
Beck.

> Be warned though, this will fill up your new neighbourhood folder with
> lots
> of redundant files. This is the short way to speed your neighbourhood to
> corruption and unplayability. Well, it is if you do it a lot.
>
> Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "Boerge Rahbech Jensen" <asdfaf@asdfa.ax> wrote in message
>> Beck wrote:
>>
>> > Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
>> > neighbourhood to another?
>>
>> You can't. However, you can move the sims into a lot and move that lot
>> to the Lot bin, which is common to all neighbourhoods. Then you can move
>> the lot - with the family - to another neighbourhood.

September 21, 2005 6:47:45 AM

As I mentioned to Maxon, I have downloaded a Sim and when I go to put them
in my game I only get all their body parts, make-up and stuff and then I
have to re-make the Sim to look like the download. Is there a way of moving
the whole Sim into my game?
Beck.

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
>
> Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
> body shop.

September 21, 2005 6:48:55 AM

I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up fairly
well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am sure
there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
Beck.

> In Bodyshop - probably CAS too - but it's a good idea to open them up in
> Bodyshop and then save the sim again. It does something to the character
> file. I'm not sure what but they are more stable after the second save.
> You can then delete the original saved sim in Bodyshop.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
>>
>> Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
>> body shop.

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 6:48:56 AM

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up fairly
> well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am
sure
> there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
> Beck.

Hmmm. They should show up in the CAS (and Bodyshop) screen. Though I've
noticed sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the sim. See if you have any
duplicates, the sim you want might be hidden behind one of those.
September 21, 2005 11:43:20 AM

I will go and check that out. Thanks for the idea.

Beck.

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up fairly
>> well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am
> sure
>> there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
>> Beck.
>
> Hmmm. They should show up in the CAS (and Bodyshop) screen. Though I've
> noticed sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the sim. See if you have any
> duplicates, the sim you want might be hidden behind one of those.

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 1:07:58 PM

Beck do you mean you can't find them in CAS? They should be behind the
little button that's like a group of people in the top right side of the CAS
box.

The thumbnail thing is because your thumbnails file has not been updated
properly. You can reset them by deleting it and letting the game create a
new one. I'm not sure which one you delete for sims though. You can delete
the entire Thumbnails folder (I think I read that from Maxoid Tom) and when
you run the game, it just creates a new folder with new files. But if you
try that and it goes wrong, don't blame me.

Best wishes
maxon

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up
fairly
> > well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am
> sure
> > there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
> > Beck.
>
> Hmmm. They should show up in the CAS (and Bodyshop) screen. Though I've
> noticed sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the sim. See if you have any
> duplicates, the sim you want might be hidden behind one of those.

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 1:16:35 PM

mmm - do you mean you DL the sim as one of those Sims2Pack files which you
have to unpack into the game? You're saying when you run the installation
programme, it puts in the body parts but not the sim itself? You can't find
the sim when you run Bodyshop - they should be on the front page when you go
to make a sim? Or do you mean, you can't find it in CAS under the 'little
group of people' button? Have you ever found the whole sims in CAS which
come with the game?

Best wishes
maxon

> As I mentioned to Maxon, I have downloaded a Sim and when I go to put them
> in my game I only get all their body parts, make-up and stuff and then I
> have to re-make the Sim to look like the download. Is there a way of
moving
> the whole Sim into my game?
> Beck.
>
> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
> >
> > Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
> > body shop.

September 21, 2005 2:31:49 PM

This is a reply to both you recent posts sent to me. You can have yourself a
very big laugh now, You know that button that looks like a group of people?
I have never clicked it. Yep I'm an idiot lol. I have seen it there, but
because I don't use the randomize button much, I have not really "noticed"
that other button. Oh dear, I cant believe I am so thick lol. Oh well, that
solves problem number 1. Now, I have another question: That whole idea of
packaging a lot with the Sim, does that work if you put the Sim on a vacant
lot or does that Sim have to have a house with them?
Sorry to be asking things that are probably "newbie" questions.
Beck.

news:o p9Ye.10272$st1.4985@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> Beck do you mean you can't find them in CAS? They should be behind the
> little button that's like a group of people in the top right side of the
> CAS
> box.
>
> The thumbnail thing is because your thumbnails file has not been updated
> properly. You can reset them by deleting it and letting the game create a
> new one. I'm not sure which one you delete for sims though. You can
> delete
> the entire Thumbnails folder (I think I read that from Maxoid Tom) and
> when
> you run the game, it just creates a new folder with new files. But if you
> try that and it goes wrong, don't blame me.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> > I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up
> fairly
>> > well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am
>> sure
>> > there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
>> > Beck.
>>
>> Hmmm. They should show up in the CAS (and Bodyshop) screen. Though I've
>> noticed sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the sim. See if you have
>> any
>> duplicates, the sim you want might be hidden behind one of those.

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 4:11:53 PM

Tee hee - one of those d'oh moments.

As the lot is the house and the house is the lot (in a sense), yes you can
save and package sims on an empty lot.

Best wishes
maxon

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:o EaYe.287417$5N3.104550@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> This is a reply to both you recent posts sent to me. You can have yourself
> very big laugh now, You know that button that looks like a group of
people?
> I have never clicked it. Yep I'm an idiot lol. I have seen it there, but
> because I don't use the randomize button much, I have not really "noticed"
> that other button. Oh dear, I cant believe I am so thick lol. Oh well,
that
> solves problem number 1. Now, I have another question: That whole idea of
> packaging a lot with the Sim, does that work if you put the Sim on a
vacant
> lot or does that Sim have to have a house with them?
> Sorry to be asking things that are probably "newbie" questions.
> Beck.
September 22, 2005 3:58:58 AM

lol, I think I live in d'oh moments most of the time.
Thanks for that info,
Beck.
news:D 6cYe.674$_56.623@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...
> Tee hee - one of those d'oh moments.
>
> As the lot is the house and the house is the lot (in a sense), yes you can
> save and package sims on an empty lot.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>
> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:o EaYe.287417$5N3.104550@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> This is a reply to both you recent posts sent to me. You can have
>> yourself
>> very big laugh now, You know that button that looks like a group of
> people?
>> I have never clicked it. Yep I'm an idiot lol. I have seen it there, but
>> because I don't use the randomize button much, I have not really
>> "noticed"
>> that other button. Oh dear, I cant believe I am so thick lol. Oh well,
> that
>> solves problem number 1. Now, I have another question: That whole idea of
>> packaging a lot with the Sim, does that work if you put the Sim on a
> vacant
>> lot or does that Sim have to have a house with them?
>> Sorry to be asking things that are probably "newbie" questions.
>> Beck.

September 27, 2005 2:57:06 PM

Oh ok, great. Thanks for all this information, you'd think I would know
something by now lol.
Thanks,
Beck.

!