Couldn't find the answer

Hi all,

Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
neighbourhood to another? I made a sim in a particular neighbourhood and
then decided I want him somewhere else.
Thanks for any answers.
Beck.
16 answers Last reply
More about couldn find answer

    >Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.

    Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
    body shop.

    Beck wrote:

    > Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
    > neighbourhood to another?

    You can't. However, you can move the sims into a lot and move that lot
    to the Lot bin, which is common to all neighbourhoods. Then you can move
    the lot - with the family - to another neighbourhood.

    Be warned though, this will fill up your new neighbourhood folder with lots
    of redundant files. This is the short way to speed your neighbourhood to
    corruption and unplayability. Well, it is if you do it a lot.

    Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Boerge Rahbech Jensen" <asdfaf@asdfa.ax> wrote in message
    > Beck wrote:
    >
    > > Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
    > > neighbourhood to another?
    >
    > You can't. However, you can move the sims into a lot and move that lot
    > to the Lot bin, which is common to all neighbourhoods. Then you can move
    > the lot - with the family - to another neighbourhood.

    In Bodyshop - probably CAS too - but it's a good idea to open them up in
    Bodyshop and then save the sim again. It does something to the character
    file. I'm not sure what but they are more stable after the second save.
    You can then delete the original saved sim in Bodyshop.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
    >
    > Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
    > body shop.

    Oh ok, I'll give that a go.
    Thanks heaps.
    Beck.

    "Boerge Rahbech Jensen" <asdfaf@asdfa.ax> wrote in message
    > Beck wrote:
    >
    >> Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
    >> neighbourhood to another?
    >
    > You can't. However, you can move the sims into a lot and move that lot to
    > the Lot bin, which is common to all neighbourhoods. Then you can move the
    > lot - with the family - to another neighbourhood.

    Oh ok, damn, I thought it would be easy lol.
    It took me ages (not very skilled at this) to make this Sim look like a
    person I know. If I package this sim up and move him, does that just mean I
    have to re-create him? I have found that downloading a celebrity (for
    example) just gives me that Sim's eyes, skin tone, skin etc. and I have to
    re-create them anyway. Have I done something wrong?
    Beck.

    > Be warned though, this will fill up your new neighbourhood folder with
    > lots
    > of redundant files. This is the short way to speed your neighbourhood to
    > corruption and unplayability. Well, it is if you do it a lot.
    >
    > Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "Boerge Rahbech Jensen" <asdfaf@asdfa.ax> wrote in message
    >> Beck wrote:
    >>
    >> > Just wondering how I can transfer someone from the family bin in one
    >> > neighbourhood to another?
    >>
    >> You can't. However, you can move the sims into a lot and move that lot
    >> to the Lot bin, which is common to all neighbourhoods. Then you can move
    >> the lot - with the family - to another neighbourhood.

    As I mentioned to Maxon, I have downloaded a Sim and when I go to put them
    in my game I only get all their body parts, make-up and stuff and then I
    have to re-make the Sim to look like the download. Is there a way of moving
    the whole Sim into my game?
    Beck.

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
    >
    > Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
    > body shop.

    I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up fairly
    well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am sure
    there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
    Beck.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up fairly
    > well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am
    sure
    > there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
    > Beck.

    Hmmm. They should show up in the CAS (and Bodyshop) screen. Though I've
    noticed sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the sim. See if you have any
    duplicates, the sim you want might be hidden behind one of those.

    I will go and check that out. Thanks for the idea.

    Beck.

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up fairly
    >> well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am
    > sure
    >> there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
    >> Beck.
    >
    > Hmmm. They should show up in the CAS (and Bodyshop) screen. Though I've
    > noticed sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the sim. See if you have any
    > duplicates, the sim you want might be hidden behind one of those.

    Beck do you mean you can't find them in CAS? They should be behind the
    little button that's like a group of people in the top right side of the CAS
    box.

    The thumbnail thing is because your thumbnails file has not been updated
    properly. You can reset them by deleting it and letting the game create a
    new one. I'm not sure which one you delete for sims though. You can delete
    the entire Thumbnails folder (I think I read that from Maxoid Tom) and when
    you run the game, it just creates a new folder with new files. But if you
    try that and it goes wrong, don't blame me.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > > I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up
    fairly
    > > well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am
    > sure
    > > there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
    > > Beck.
    >
    > Hmmm. They should show up in the CAS (and Bodyshop) screen. Though I've
    > noticed sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the sim. See if you have any
    > duplicates, the sim you want might be hidden behind one of those.

    mmm - do you mean you DL the sim as one of those Sims2Pack files which you
    have to unpack into the game? You're saying when you run the installation
    programme, it puts in the body parts but not the sim itself? You can't find
    the sim when you run Bodyshop - they should be on the front page when you go
    to make a sim? Or do you mean, you can't find it in CAS under the 'little
    group of people' button? Have you ever found the whole sims in CAS which
    come with the game?

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > As I mentioned to Maxon, I have downloaded a Sim and when I go to put them
    > in my game I only get all their body parts, make-up and stuff and then I
    > have to re-make the Sim to look like the download. Is there a way of
    moving
    > the whole Sim into my game?
    > Beck.
    >
    > "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > >Personally, I'd make a new copy of the sim and use that instead.
    > >
    > > Yep, using SimPe you can export a sim. They will then turn up in CAS or
    > > body shop.

    This is a reply to both you recent posts sent to me. You can have yourself a
    very big laugh now, You know that button that looks like a group of people?
    I have never clicked it. Yep I'm an idiot lol. I have seen it there, but
    because I don't use the randomize button much, I have not really "noticed"
    that other button. Oh dear, I cant believe I am so thick lol. Oh well, that
    solves problem number 1. Now, I have another question: That whole idea of
    packaging a lot with the Sim, does that work if you put the Sim on a vacant
    lot or does that Sim have to have a house with them?
    Sorry to be asking things that are probably "newbie" questions.
    Beck.

    > Beck do you mean you can't find them in CAS? They should be behind the
    > little button that's like a group of people in the top right side of the
    > CAS
    > box.
    >
    > The thumbnail thing is because your thumbnails file has not been updated
    > properly. You can reset them by deleting it and letting the game create a
    > new one. I'm not sure which one you delete for sims though. You can
    > delete
    > the entire Thumbnails folder (I think I read that from Maxoid Tom) and
    > when
    > you run the game, it just creates a new folder with new files. But if you
    > try that and it goes wrong, don't blame me.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > I get very confused with this, I am normally ok and pick things up
    > fairly
    >> > well, but I cant get a whole Sim into my game, its frustrating and I am
    >> sure
    >> > there is a very simple thing I am going passed.
    >> > Beck.
    >>
    >> Hmmm. They should show up in the CAS (and Bodyshop) screen. Though I've
    >> noticed sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the sim. See if you have
    >> any
    >> duplicates, the sim you want might be hidden behind one of those.

    Tee hee - one of those d'oh moments.

    As the lot is the house and the house is the lot (in a sense), yes you can
    save and package sims on an empty lot.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > This is a reply to both you recent posts sent to me. You can have yourself
    > very big laugh now, You know that button that looks like a group of
    people?
    > I have never clicked it. Yep I'm an idiot lol. I have seen it there, but
    > because I don't use the randomize button much, I have not really "noticed"
    > that other button. Oh dear, I cant believe I am so thick lol. Oh well,
    that
    > solves problem number 1. Now, I have another question: That whole idea of
    > packaging a lot with the Sim, does that work if you put the Sim on a
    vacant
    > lot or does that Sim have to have a house with them?
    > Sorry to be asking things that are probably "newbie" questions.
    > Beck.

    lol, I think I live in d'oh moments most of the time.
    Thanks for that info,
    Beck.
    > Tee hee - one of those d'oh moments.
    >
    > As the lot is the house and the house is the lot (in a sense), yes you can
    > save and package sims on an empty lot.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> This is a reply to both you recent posts sent to me. You can have
    >> yourself
    >> very big laugh now, You know that button that looks like a group of
    > people?
    >> I have never clicked it. Yep I'm an idiot lol. I have seen it there, but
    >> because I don't use the randomize button much, I have not really
    >> "noticed"
    >> that other button. Oh dear, I cant believe I am so thick lol. Oh well,
    > that
    >> solves problem number 1. Now, I have another question: That whole idea of
    >> packaging a lot with the Sim, does that work if you put the Sim on a
    > vacant
    >> lot or does that Sim have to have a house with them?
    >> Sorry to be asking things that are probably "newbie" questions.
    >> Beck.

    Oh ok, great. Thanks for all this information, you'd think I would know
    something by now lol.
    Thanks,
    Beck.
    "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> This is a reply to both you recent posts sent to me. You can have
    >> yourself a very big laugh now, You know that button that looks like a
    >> group of people? I have never clicked it. Yep I'm an idiot lol. I have
    >> seen it there, but because I don't use the randomize button much, I have
    >> not really "noticed" that other button. Oh dear, I cant believe I am so
    >> thick lol. Oh well, that solves problem number 1. Now, I have another
    >> question: That whole idea of packaging a lot with the Sim, does that work
    >> if you put the Sim on a vacant lot or does that Sim have to have a house
    >> with them?
    >> Sorry to be asking things that are probably "newbie" questions.
    >> Beck.
    >>

    > There is another way to do it.
    > In CAF create a sim of the right age, gender and skin color.
    > In select a ready made head page (Button number 2),
    > it should display the heads of bodyshop made or downloaded sims.
    > Using this method has its problems.
    > Heads will only display for that age, skin color, and gender.
    > So you may not find the right head the first time.
    >

    > CAF = Create A Family
    > This is the in game sim creation tool.
    >
    > CAS is an out dated term.

Sims Games Video Games