Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

number pad not working

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
October 18, 2004 10:49:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Can someone help me. The number pad on my keyboard is not working for the
numbers, the hot keys as in pg dn/pg up ets are working just the numbers are
not, whn I press numlock the computer beeps (a deep tone) and when I take the
numlock off it beeps again (a high pitched tone). To the best of my
knowledge no new program downloads have taken place.
Is there anyone out there that can help me.

Thanks in advance
Sue

More about : number pad working

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 12:56:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

If not a laptop...
Try your keyboard on a friends machine. Try a friend's keyboard on your
machine
Spend $10 and get a new keyboard.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1F6462CC-9B66-4B91-8BA3-97E7869D9171@microsoft.com,
Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Can someone help me. The number pad on my keyboard is not working
> for the numbers, the hot keys as in pg dn/pg up ets are working just
> the numbers are not, whn I press numlock the computer beeps (a deep
> tone) and when I take the numlock off it beeps again (a high pitched
> tone). To the best of my knowledge no new program downloads have
> taken place.
> Is there anyone out there that can help me.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Sue
October 18, 2004 12:56:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

I actually bought a new keyboard and hey presto, the numbers don't work, I
also brought a keyboard home from work and the same outcome.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> If not a laptop...
> Try your keyboard on a friends machine. Try a friend's keyboard on your
> machine
> Spend $10 and get a new keyboard.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:1F6462CC-9B66-4B91-8BA3-97E7869D9171@microsoft.com,
> Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Can someone help me. The number pad on my keyboard is not working
> > for the numbers, the hot keys as in pg dn/pg up ets are working just
> > the numbers are not, whn I press numlock the computer beeps (a deep
> > tone) and when I take the numlock off it beeps again (a high pitched
> > tone). To the best of my knowledge no new program downloads have
> > taken place.
> > Is there anyone out there that can help me.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Sue
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 2:29:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Sue,

Standard keyboard(s) or USB?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:4EA7F53C-9FB9-4920-B2E2-FCCB8CC9086C@microsoft.com,
Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I actually bought a new keyboard and hey presto, the numbers don't
> work, I also brought a keyboard home from work and the same outcome.
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> If not a laptop...
>> Try your keyboard on a friends machine. Try a friend's keyboard on
>> your machine
>> Spend $10 and get a new keyboard.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:1F6462CC-9B66-4B91-8BA3-97E7869D9171@microsoft.com,
>> Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Can someone help me. The number pad on my keyboard is not working
>>> for the numbers, the hot keys as in pg dn/pg up ets are working just
>>> the numbers are not, whn I press numlock the computer beeps (a deep
>>> tone) and when I take the numlock off it beeps again (a high pitched
>>> tone). To the best of my knowledge no new program downloads have
>>> taken place.
>>> Is there anyone out there that can help me.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Sue
October 22, 2004 4:51:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Have you tried pressing the NUM LOCK.


"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:uB1mz%23StEHA.2560@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Sue,
>
> Standard keyboard(s) or USB?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:4EA7F53C-9FB9-4920-B2E2-FCCB8CC9086C@microsoft.com,
> Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I actually bought a new keyboard and hey presto, the numbers don't
>> work, I also brought a keyboard home from work and the same outcome.
>>
>> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>>
>>> If not a laptop...
>>> Try your keyboard on a friends machine. Try a friend's keyboard on
>>> your machine
>>> Spend $10 and get a new keyboard.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>> Wes
>>>
>>> In news:1F6462CC-9B66-4B91-8BA3-97E7869D9171@microsoft.com,
>>> Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>>> Can someone help me. The number pad on my keyboard is not working
>>>> for the numbers, the hot keys as in pg dn/pg up ets are working just
>>>> the numbers are not, whn I press numlock the computer beeps (a deep
>>>> tone) and when I take the numlock off it beeps again (a high pitched
>>>> tone). To the best of my knowledge no new program downloads have
>>>> taken place.
>>>> Is there anyone out there that can help me.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance
>>>> Sue
July 12, 2009 9:29:01 AM

I just experienced this exact same problem. I switched keyboards and I still could not get the number pad to work. The NumLock key was not the issue. Here is how I resolved this problem (in Windows XP)...Follow these simple steps:

Start
Control Panel
Accessibility Options
Mouse
uncheck "Use MouseKeys"
Settings
"Use MouseKeys When NumLock Is:" (select Off)
Apply
OK

That should correct it immediately...no restart needed!

July 13, 2009 3:15:31 AM

@Pam3000, why don't you create a FYI thread about the issue and resolution instead of replying to a 5yr old thread
!