intel E2180 newbie

m_zeid

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
Hello,
I'm new to OC and this will be my first time to do so.

I have intel E2180 cpu.
intel DG43RK
Kingston DDR3-1333 4gb RAM
nvidia 9400gt

I would like to OC my cpu with what else it recommends.

For the graphics card, i have no problem in OC it, but I may change it so lets leave this for now.

My goal is to run PCSX2 acceptably, just like this guy did @3ghz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkFv6fuzlQ&feature=player_embedded

thanks in advance for any help

m_zeid

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
currently i'm on the stock intel fan.

my first attempt to increase host clock freq from 200 to 250, FAIL, it wouldn't boot.
2nd, to 210 MHz, it worked.

I want to try more and keep increasing, but i'm not sure if i have to change the memory config.

HPET?!! is that a thing that I have to worry about? its enabled now should it be otherwise?

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
1.) You need a decent aftermarket HSF..Suggestion: CM Hyper 212 EVO

2.) Your RAM is being OCed as well when upping the BCLK so you were actually running your RAM at 1400 MHz at a 210 BCLK..Therein lies your problem at 250 the RAM was at 1666 MHz...Suggestion relax your RAM timings a couple of clock cycle to allow for some RAM stability also up the voltage if possible...DANGER: RESEARCH THE LIMITS OF YOUR HARDWARE COMPONENTS AS VOLTAGE KILLS QUICKLY

3.) HPET -- Check this link out it will explain as it will help you out with what action to take regarding how you want to configure it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Precision_Event_Timer

m_zeid

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011

thanks for the reply bro, that was very informative

1) Well yeah, i will get a decent one, and i hope that an air cooler will be ok, since LCS will not fit in my HTPC case/

2) I will see what I can do, first without raising the voltage.

3) Actually I saw that Wikipedia article, but since I found HPET in the performance tab in BIOS, I had to ask about it.

thanks, again

m_zeid

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
well i hope the you lowjack989 or any one else can help me configuring my memory.
i'm tired of googling with no luck :(

is RAM config differ from one to another?

how to do "relax your RAM timings a couple of clock cycle to allow for some RAM stability " ?!!
thru bios i can edit the numbers, but on what basis?