Exactly what tastes in decor do Sims have?

Almost every time I buy furniture or lights or something for my Sims,
they walk over to it and look at it and groan with displeasure, or
cover their mouths in a way that seems to say "I could just barf from
looking at this." How do I decorate their homes with things that they
are going to like? I try all sorts of beds, lights, chairs, etc., but
they never seem happy with them, although they seem not to care after
their initial reaction.

About the only things they manifestly like are stuff like fancy
refrigerators, pool tables, bookshelves, and other things that they
can do something with.

So what's the secret to coming up with pleasing interior decor for
Sims?

>So what's the secret to coming up with pleasing interior decor for
>Sims?

If you ask me it a totally random if the sim will like something or
not. Just make the house how you like. Like you side after the initial
reaction it makes no difference.

Mxsmanic wrote:

> Almost every time I buy furniture or lights or something for my Sims,
> they walk over to it and look at it and groan with displeasure, or
> cover their mouths in a way that seems to say "I could just barf from
> looking at this." How do I decorate their homes with things that they
> are going to like? I try all sorts of beds, lights, chairs, etc., but
> they never seem happy with them, although they seem not to care after
> their initial reaction.
>
> About the only things they manifestly like are stuff like fancy
> refrigerators, pool tables, bookshelves, and other things that they
> can do something with.
>
> So what's the secret to coming up with pleasing interior decor for
> Sims?

If it costs a lot of money, they like it.

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@lienhart.name> wrote in message
> Mxsmanic wrote:
>
>> Almost every time I buy furniture or lights or something for my Sims,
>> they walk over to it and look at it and groan with displeasure, or
>> cover their mouths in a way that seems to say "I could just barf from
>> looking at this." How do I decorate their homes with things that they
>> are going to like? I try all sorts of beds, lights, chairs, etc., but
>> they never seem happy with them, although they seem not to care after
>> their initial reaction.
>>
>> About the only things they manifestly like are stuff like fancy
>> refrigerators, pool tables, bookshelves, and other things that they
>> can do something with.
>>
>> So what's the secret to coming up with pleasing interior decor for
>> Sims?
>
> If it costs a lot of money, they like it.

My sims always want plants. Bushes, trees and flowers. So I buy the most
expensive of each and they never like them (although their aspiration goes
away).